Distant education/accelerating institutions (1 Viewer)

Bekhit

HSC
just wondering if anyone knows any institution which does year 11 and year 12 combined or allows for students 2 sit their HSC early. They dont have to be institutions with teachers and sessions, just ones which allow for a school student to finish a HSC subjects early.thanks in advance.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Bekhit said:
just wondering if anyone knows any institution which does year 11 and year 12 combined or allows for students 2 sit their HSC early. They dont have to be institutions with teachers and sessions, just ones which allow for a school student to finish a HSC subjects early.thanks in advance.
self tuition

Bekhit

HSC
irvine said:
tafe HSC in one year?
nah apparently tafe doesnt do it anymore

Timothy.Siu said:
self tuition
yeh i said it doesn have 2 have any session/classes or teachers so yeh i meant self tuition but u still need da assesments n da examz n dat.

Vespers

HSC
nah apparently tafe doesnt do it anymore
Where are you getting your information from? I thought that was only true for certain Tafes. If you're right, then I'm fucked.

yeh i said it doesn have 2 have any session/classes or teachers so yeh i meant self tuition but u still need da assesments n da examz n dat.
No... self-tuition. I did some subjects through it this year; managed an English mark of 94.

Brontecat

HSC
Border Christian College - they for the subjects they deem 'easy' as accelerated meaning in term 1 you start the course and that year you sit the HSC in that course

at least this is what i was told at the enrolment interview

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
A lot of schools offer acceleration in one or more subjects, however I don't think they'll allow for complete acceleration - where you finish all your units ahead of your cohort.

But yeah a lot of selective schools (such as JR, Syd Boys) as well as private schools (like my own school) and some public schools (I think) offer acceleration.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
JR only accelerate Agriculture (Year 11), SDD and IPT (Year 10). All other subjects require you to be exceptionally brilliant for JR standard to even be considered for acceleration.

Brontecat

HSC
Border Christian college works this way

Year 11 - twice as many classes are sat in the same subject so that it can be finished in one year e.g. i do 10 periods of maths a week as opposed to 5

Year 12 - the next year the above is repeated, however there is the option to complete certain subjects over two years so you would also complete them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)