Distinction Courses (1 Viewer)

frenchic

HSC
N/A
*Katie* said:
Hey congrats to everyone who got in
Yeah they ring u before the HSC results come out
I did Cosmo (I was the blonde chick who spoke at info day if anyone went lol - with the lame joke about 4 dimensions)..so if you have any qs or anything just give me a msg
Cosmo is THE best and its good cos you can do as much or as little work if you want, like I only read the first two modules..

yepp i remember you katie, didnt you also do 15 units for the hsc. Since i got accepted into comp.lit., altogether with the accelerated course I have 15 units too lol. I hope comp.lit is not too hard....

congrats lexie and bookie!!!

lilkatie

Yep sure did, but I only accelerated in ext maths...But you def couldn't get inb just accelerating 2unit maths

congrats on gettin in for comp lit...omg personally I think you're crazy for wanting to do more enligsh lol =)

lilkatie

Bookie said:
you're wrong there, and i just proved it.

nice speech at the info day though. you spoke coherent english as opposed to the others.
Oh wow thats awesome hey, so much for their 'have to accelerate to the highest level'..but i always thought it was unjust how someone who say accelerated in society and culture could get in but 2umaths couldn't (please don't hurt me anyone who thinks i'm calling s&c a stupid subject)..You will have fun doing cosmo- especially with McKinnon (the scottish guy)

haha thankyou yes coherent english is good - you mean unlike that guy who talked at a million miles an hour and was passionate about classical french poetry or something woo!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
katie said:
Oh wow thats awesome hey, so much for their 'have to accelerate to the highest level'..but i always thought it was unjust how someone who say accelerated in society and culture could get in but 2umaths couldn't (please don't hurt me anyone who thinks i'm calling s&c a stupid subject)..You will have fun doing cosmo- especially with McKinnon (the scottish guy)

haha thankyou yes coherent english is good - you mean unlike that guy who talked at a million miles an hour and was passionate about classical french poetry or something woo!
Yeah, the fact that Ididnt do 'the highest level' was my only doubt, so I was pretty over the moon last night. And youve got a point there, but then again, every subject is worthy in its own right. And I must admit, the Scottish guy had a lot of influence. Funny character.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Hurrah! I got offered Philosophy...

But now my parents won't let me do it because I'll have fourteen units and apparently one of their doctor friends who had kids who went through the HSC says you should only do twelve units.

**fumes** I have to let the BoS know at 8:30 tomorrow morning **groan** But at least they respected me and wouldn't let my parents answer for me. That was nice.

P

pLuvia

You can do 14 units, since it's your choice, and these distinction courses are really good, and high scaling worth learning.

I remember it's not your parents doing the HSC. And 14 units you have a slight chance of getting a good UAI

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
Dear Argyha Gupta,

What are you doing on a message board with 1000000000000000000 posts.
Congratulations on getting into cosmo.

i should of sent my application form for comp. lit. but i feared my report comments were too horrendous...and my haircut too emo

frenchic

HSC
N/A
does anyone know when we get the materials from unis? is it around late december early jan? thanx...

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
yah i made cosmology
omg theres like 5 ppl from my school
myself, bookie, icycloud (aaron), mirun, and i think joe bahn.

High!!

Pianpupodoel

Neurotic Member
HSC
Just to join in with the fun, i got offered a spot in philosophy.
Along with two others that i know of, making a grand total of 8 ppl from sbhs in the distinction courses.
Wonder why there's so many this year...

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Im starting to think its only if you got a band 6. One of the guys havent got a call yet, and he got 89 and 83.

I personally got 95 in 2u maths. Ask the others for what they got.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
webby234 said:
Do you know if only those, and everyone who got a band six got in?

One of my friends got a 92 in SDD and got in, however another got two high band fives (88 + 89), so didn't make it. This seems a bit unfair doesn't it?
I got 92 in SDD too...and I got into Philo. **hides** don't kill me!

On the other hand I know someone who got 90 in IPT...and they still haven't got a call about Cosmo yet.

So I really don't know; perhaps it (unfairly) varies between courses? I wonder if they take into account how you ranked in your school? The guy who got IPT was ranked 10th; I was ranked 1st.

frenchic

HSC
N/A
webby234 said:
Do you know if only those, and everyone who got a band six got in?

One of my friends got a 92 in SDD and got in, however another got two high band fives (88 + 89), so didn't make it. This seems a bit unfair doesn't it?

i think its only band 6, thought it said somehwhere on the distinction website...hmmm, i got 98 in ukrainian dont know how that happened lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)