Distinction Courses (1 Viewer)

mirun100

HSC
yay i made it yay
96 in maths. ugh i failed the hsc test so im pretty happy with that. good luck in cosmo everybody!

P

pLuvia

If only I accelerated in something I would have tried a distinction course :(:D

P

pLuvia

Pianpupodoel said:
Just to join in with the fun, i got offered a spot in philosophy.
Along with two others that i know of, making a grand total of 8 ppl from sbhs in the distinction courses.
Wonder why there's so many this year...
No one doing a distinction course in my year :p

adgala

HSC
yep...if its part of your best 10 units but it doesn't count for the hsc

lilkatie

wow thats weird that like 6 ppl from same school got in
cos i know that in philo that was teh case, but in cosmology i think like 3 ppl from james ruse was the max they kinda let in..
Um you don't get in if you just get a band 6, they usually have a certain amount of places to fill I think, cos i know ppl who got band 6's and didn't get in...
meh who knows, in teh end i guess its just good that you got in right haha

I

icycloud

*Katie* said:
wow thats weird that like 6 ppl from same school got in
cos i know that in philo that was teh case, but in cosmology i think like 3 ppl from james ruse was the max they kinda let in..
Um you don't get in if you just get a band 6, they usually have a certain amount of places to fill I think, cos i know ppl who got band 6's and didn't get in...
meh who knows, in teh end i guess its just good that you got in right haha
I think it's because our grade did extremely well in the 2U maths HSC. =D Three people in our grade got into the State 2U Top 20. =)

HSC
YAY i got into cosmoslogy.
oh and katie, i'm Tamara i don't know if you remember me i was at the orientation day and you introduced me to your friend Larissa. I was wondering if you had heard whether she got in or not (i hope she did!).
and one of my friends got high band 5 (can't remember the exact mark) and she got into the philosophy course. I think they also take into account the difficulty of the course in which you were accelerated. For her it was chemistry so that might have helped.
Congratulations everyone - see you at the residential!

PS has anyone logged into the site yet? I gave them an email address i hadn't actually activated yet and i only did it today so have they sent out the passwords yet? And will that freaky guy who spoke at the information day be reading all our posts?!?!

I

icycloud

black_cherry said:
YAY i got into cosmoslogy.
oh and katie, i'm Tamara i don't know if you remember me i was at the orientation day and you introduced me to your friend Larissa. I was wondering if you had heard whether she got in or not (i hope she did!).
and one of my friends got high band 5 (can't remember the exact mark) and she got into the philosophy course. I think they also take into account the difficulty of the course in which you were accelerated. For her it was chemistry so that might have helped.
Congratulations everyone - see you at the residential!

PS has anyone logged into the site yet? I gave them an email address i hadn't actually activated yet and i only did it today so have they sent out the passwords yet? And will that freaky guy who spoke at the information day be reading all our posts?!?!
Site? What site? I want to know! And I haven't gotten any emails, hmm... And that guy wasn't that freaky, was he? =D

HSC
icycloud said:
Site? What site? I want to know! And I haven't gotten any emails, hmm... And that guy wasn't that freaky, was he? =D
the one who manages the website? i thought so. he was like "i love reading what the student say" and he was kinda greasy looking. Wait... he is probably reading now....

anyway here is the site: http://www.distinction.nsw.edu.au/
and it says "Those of you who supplied an E-Mail address on your Application Form may also retrieve your initial password from here (click here) "

but i dont want to be the first one to log in!

I

icycloud

black_cherry said:
anyway here is the site: http://www.distinction.nsw.edu.au/
and it says "Those of you who supplied an E-Mail address on your Application Form may also retrieve your initial password from here (click here) "

but i dont want to be the first one to log in!
But what's the "UserID"??? Oh wait, it's just your BOS student number. But it doesn't work! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for the package =)

HSC
icycloud said:
But what's the "UserID"??? Oh wait, it's just your BOS student number. But it doesn't work! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for the package =)
It says underneath on the home page: "Getting Started with this Site:
To start using this site, enter your BOARD OF STUDIES STUDENT NUMBER (located on all your official HSC and Schools Certificate Transcripts and Certificates) and your initial password supplied to you into the login box to the left of your screen. PLEASE NOTE: After Registration you CONTINUE TO USE YOUR STUDENT NUMBER. Your "Alias" is NOT your UserID."
its your student number.

HSC
black_cherry said:
It says underneath on the home page: "Getting Started with this Site:
To start using this site, enter your BOARD OF STUDIES STUDENT NUMBER (located on all your official HSC and Schools Certificate Transcripts and Certificates) and your initial password supplied to you into the login box to the left of your screen. PLEASE NOTE: After Registration you CONTINUE TO USE YOUR STUDENT NUMBER. Your "Alias" is NOT your UserID."
its your student number.

sorry! i didn't read the end of your post. it doesn't work? oh well. i was just worried i had missed the email. thanks

I

icycloud

black_cherry said:
sorry! i didn't read the end of your post. it doesn't work? oh well. i was just worried i had missed the email. thanks
Hehe. I can't wait for the camps! It's so cool that it's FREE and it sounds super fun :D *is extremely thrilled* Mmm... yes, I'm very easily excited. >_>

HSC
icycloud said:
Hehe. I can't wait for the camps! It's so cool that it's FREE and it sounds super fun :D *is extremely thrilled* Mmm... yes, I'm very easily excited. >_>
yeah only problem is that for me (how spoilt do i sound?) it will be the 4th time i go away these holidays. and i have so much bloody school work to do!

I

icycloud

black_cherry said:
yeah only problem is that for me (how spoilt do i sound?) it will be the 4th time i go away these holidays. and i have so much bloody school work to do!
You sound extremely spoilt! =P I'm not going overseas or anywhere these holidays =( *sob sob* Anyway, better stop spamming this thread hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)