District 9 (2 Viewers)

Freddie09

HSC
Nah i was exaggerating slightly, i just didn't enjoy it at all. Actually it wasn't just me either, three of my friends who came to see it with me also hated it. maybe we were just sitting in the wrong spot... lol

beaf

HSC
It was shit. People were leaving the cinema

SairsyFairy

HSC
Nah i was exaggerating slightly, i just didn't enjoy it at all. Actually it wasn't just me either, three of my friends who came to see it with me also hated it. maybe we were just sitting in the wrong spot... lol
Each to their own :)

I loved it.

MissGiggles

HSC
the camera work couldn't get much shittier but i saw it in a packed cinema and there were no crowds flocking to the exit. i loved it. i just wish they could have used a steadycam.

the storyline is so clever. this is what we really do to illegal immigrants or "aliens": we give them names like our own, shot at them in our own language, make them do shitty work and shove them in a slum, and having the racist views spoken by those black people shows us what it's like to be on the other side of racism. i felt so bad for the prawns. they need rights. our illegal aliens need rights! i bet the americans won't get the prawn reference.

they've definately left it wide open for a sequel. maybe an uprising of the prawns?

SairsyFairy

HSC
the camera work couldn't get much shittier but i saw it in a packed cinema and there were no crowds flocking to the exit. i loved it. i just wish they could have used a steadycam.

the storyline is so clever. this is what we really do to illegal immigrants or "aliens": we give them names like our own, shot at them in our own language, make them do shitty work and shove them in a slum, and having the racist views spoken by those black people shows us what it's like to be on the other side of racism. i felt so bad for the prawns. they need rights. our illegal aliens need rights! i bet the americans won't get the prawn reference.

they've definately left it wide open for a sequel. maybe an uprising of the prawns?
Agreed.
I think that the sequel may contain an uprising, and his life as a prawn? So many possibilities.

HSC
I loved it good graphics and very interesting. It was nice to see such a different film recently come out of South Africa. I will admit I did enjoy it when the camera went out of the hand held stage though I understand the emotions that the hand held effect can give.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)