DIVA - Do you buy ur jewellery there? (1 Viewer)

Angel45

HSC
Hey guys,

Just doing a uni project and was looking for any girlies who buy their jewellery from DIVA... or those that don't like it..

Be GREAT if you could answer all, or even a few, of these questions...

Why do you shop at DIVA (in particular, why not elsewhere)? What are the features? (can include features of their stores, not just their products)

Why do you buy jewellery? How often do you buy new jewellery?

What do you have (or do you have anything?) against DIVA?

Thanks heaps. Look 4wd to hearing your comments.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Im not really very big on accessories. But i've always associated Diva as being really cheap and nasty. Not that i have any idea. ive never bought anything from that shop before. Its just the impression i get.

I'd rather buy my jewellry from shops like Angus and Coote, Goldmark, etc. Just because their things are better quality... and not that expensive.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Shell said:
I'd rather buy my jewellry from shops like Angus and Coote, Goldmark, etc. Just because their things are better quality... and not that expensive.
A&C yes, but goldmark? their stuff's cheap..because its CHEAP. it may look nice, but it breaks pretty darn easily.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i only go to diva when they have those everthing is $2 or $% sales...like for beads and stuff...or stocking up for pressie!...hehe what a cheap stake am i

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I do occasionally, but only for like, "silver" dangly earrings that I will only wear to the pub or something...I figure, at Diva prices, it doesn't matter if I lose them when I'm drunk (I usually do)

Angel45

HSC
Thanks guys for ur comments... i'll take 'em on board for my project...

keep 'em coming! ta

froggy_chik87

HSC
i personally don't think that diva's prices are THAT cheap, especially for the quality of the item. I mean, i recnetly needed a necklace to go with a dress and i was in an extreme hurry, running past diva went in there and spent $18 on it, where as if i had time to go past a proper jewlery shop, i could have found a GOOD quality bargain, for not much more than what i paid!

IMO diva is just like supre.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
ive never bought anything from there
but i walked in and pointed out a few nice things and my friend got them for me for my bday
when i wear the bracelet it leaves a green mark on my wrist from the metal or whatever so thats crap
(obviously coz its not silver etc)
and the necklace is ok but its pretty shitzo quality wise

diva is like supre i agree
my 13 year old sister and her bratty friends are all like omg diva
im like..meh

Angel45

HSC
This is great guys - thanks so much!
Great hearing all ur thoughts... look 4wd to hearing what else u guys have to say

Carnivour

HSC
I've never bought anything there, although I went in a couple of times to have a look around. Basically, I might sound like a snob, but not only is it cheap, but it looks cheap. I'm not all that big on jewellery, so when I do buy stuff, I like to invest into something that looks stunning rather than buying a whole heaps of junk. I especially dislike those plastic bead necklaces, gah can't stand them.

Skeeta

HSC
the only things i have bought from diva are the things on clearance racks.

Some of their designs are nice, but theyare overpriced for the plastic you are getting (ie. i dont find the quality to look, or be that good)

I'd rather spend $10 more and actually get the stuff made out of quality materials

Undertoad

HSC
I go to Diva if I need some sort of beady necklace or bracelet. If its silver or something a bit better than beads then i'll get it from somewhere else.

I like how they have lots of colours and variety but i'd agree with other people that they aren't that cheap. For poorer quality stuff it can still cost quite a bit.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i get stuff from diva when its on a big discount. like just recently i got some earings from there that cost me 2 bucks and they look pretty good for everyday things.
i dont like diva that much.
im especially not hot on their staff that the chats westfield store.

Angel45

HSC
Thanks so much...

So obviously quality's a bit of an issue...

Where do u guys buy it from then... Angus & Coote have been mentioned..anywhere else in particular u get ur jewellery from?

In general, why do u think u guys like buying jewellery? Or, if u don't buy it, what else do u spend ur money on?!?

Ta. And you keep commenting on DIVA too btw!!

HSC
N/A
Why do you shop at DIVA (in particular, why not elsewhere)? What are the features? (can include features of their stores, not just their products)

I buy things from Diva because they're always reasonably/nicely priced and the products aren't super-dodgy like other stuff you could get for the same price. ("It's cheap, but it doesn't look cheap!") They also have a large range of jewellery, and whilst they obviously like to keep up to date with trends they always have other stuff there as well so basically, there's a really big chance of finding whatever it is you want.

Why do you buy jewellery? How often do you buy new jewellery? I normally buy jewellery to wear with outfits. I don't buy a lot of it... maybe once or twice a month.

What do you have (or do you have anything?) against DIVA?
Nothing! :)

Undertoad

HSC
Angel45 said:
In general, why do u think u guys like buying jewellery? Or, if u don't buy it, what else do u spend ur money on?!?
I like buying jewellery just cause it can dress up an outfit and make it look really good. I dont buy too much though, normally prefer buying clothes and matching it with jewellery ive already got.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Well, i sometimes buy jewellery from Diva because they have quite a good range at quite a reasonable price. And because I don't often wear jewellery, i don't feel the need to spend that much on it either.

Angel45

HSC
Thanks guys...
I didn't think I'd get such a gr8 response.. I really appreciate it.

It's really good to see what u guys are saying r ur main complaints againt it or alt. what u like about it!!

I'm building up quite good consumer research for the project!

luv 2 hear what any other bored-of-studiers have to say!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't mind having a look around in diva, but I was taught from a young age to wear nothing but real gold.

I can't recall ever buying anything from diva except those pink breast cancer bands.

Lizcat

HSC
i occasionally shop at DIVA.. some of the things that they have there can be called as cheap.. but then there are some jewellery that is really really nice..
theres many different styles that suit many different peoples tastes and it suits many different outfits for young females especially for people who are unable to afford very expensive jewellery..
most of the time i just browse through.. but if something i really like.. i have to get and the same with any other items

right now i want to get a charm necklace and sportsgirl has some .. and also bardot has some.. but its 25 and 20$ respectively...
i havent looked in DIVA recently.. so.. mayb ill check tomoz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)