DIVA - Do you buy ur jewellery there? (1 Viewer)

*Minka*

HSC
It really depends.

I used to love the place a couple of years ago, but I think it is because now they are all about making beads when I can just go to a market and pay two dollars for something cute that I am not going to see eight other people wearing. Some stuff is still nice, but the beads are so fucking expensive and are shit all quality.

LIke others, I like going in and getting cheap silver earings that doesn't matter if I lose them when pissed/partying/whatever or when I want something to go with an outfit I am wearing to a dinner or something like that. They do have some pretty cheap stuff that you can wear for clubs and to dress up and outfit, but doesn't really matter if it gets lost because it is only seven dollars.

I loved Diva when not everyone knew about it and they didn't sell stuff to be 'trendy' and you couyld find genuinely cute pieces in there. Now that EVERYONE buys their accessories in there, it is a bit annoying and all trendy. But I do like some things there - got a pretty bracelet the other day and some earings that were actually quite cure. A lot of it is all about being trendy and having beads now, which I just go to the market and buy because I can pay two or three dollars for something cute and vintage instead of paying thirty dollars for some shit quality ones at Diva that will break in two weeks.

It is weird with the quality though - I have one pair of earings that cost $7 that I have had for two years and still wear that are in perfect condition and very nice, but then I have one necklace I was given for Christmas that cost $30 and was fucked and broken after three weeks.

And a certain store is managed by a BITCH, so I make a point of shopping at another!

If you have an specific questions you want to ask, I can probably help because I have worked there.

Last edited:

kimmi06

HSC
I LOVE Diva! The prices are really cheap, the jewellry is really cute (and a little bit different) and because tastes/ fads in jewellry and accessories change so often, its a great place to stock up without feeling like you've spent alot only to get new stuff next month. I also like the fact that the jewellry is on different walls by categories, e.g) silver, 'bohemiam beauty' etc, all showcasing jewellry of a similar style. It makes it so much easier when you are looking for a particular item. AND the fact that they sell matching giftbags and cards (this sounds lame but it comes in handy) makes it an excellent store for a one-stop gift shop. Go Diva! Hehe

kahlilouise

HSC
Why do you shop at DIVA (in particular, why not elsewhere)?

Generally i don't shop at Diva because it is overpriced and shit quality. Its good for beads but silver - no way.

What are the features? (can include features of their stores, not just their products)

Not sure i understand this question? Please clarify lol.

Why do you buy jewellery? How often do you buy new jewellery?

Well i suppose i buy jewellery because i want to wear it! Um it depends how much money i have, if i see a really nice piece i'll generally layby it.

What do you have (or do you have anything?) against DIVA?

Diva's shops are way too small so that is a major turn off, and its overpriced crap quality (as stated above) and its full of 12 year olds.:bomb:

*Minka*

HSC
The thing with Diva is that I can buy cheap jewelry to wear with an outfit instead of wearing my really nice, expensive stuff (such as the stuff I have been given as 18th birthday presents, graduated gifts etc) to Uni or Work or a Club without wearing it out. It is nice to wear pretty stuff for special occasions. I guess the other appeal is that it is so cheap you can change it a lot. That is another reason I like to save my really really nice jewellry that is actually worth something for special occasions - when you wear it for a fathers 50th or something, it is special and feels special. For just going to Uni, I don't give a fuck wearing some $10 earings and stuff - doesn't matter if they wear out, lose one, get sick of them, etc.

sourlemong

HSC
DIVA is quite good both appearance wise and economically, but the downside of this, is that I feel no individuality if I wear their stuff because many other people seem to wear it as well, and you don't feel unique that way.

I actually now prefer to buy from those more expensive jewellery shops because I think that the style is more of what I want.

But I know my friend buys ALL her jewellery from Diva because its so cheap. lol

Angel45

HSC
Hi guys,

Thanks for responding.. it's been gr8!

Seems like the way diva needs to head is to appeal to the 'older' market who are after sophistication, unique, fashionable and quality items. Is this correct?

Obviously advertising can't change the product, but just wanted to run some idea by you guys who have proved to be very articulate in describing ur feelings 2wd DIVA...

How do u think diva would go by advertising and taking the angle that okay our current target market is 'tweens' or is perceived to be tweens, but what if they've found a good thing.. what if ur sisters and their friends r right? what if they want the same things from their jewellery as u do - and they've found it! What if it's like a carousel and ur neva too old to enjoy the simple pleasures? Who says ur sisters have no taste...what if DIVA put it to u that ur sister is ultra-fashionable and has loads of jewellery to mix and match with her outfits because she shops at DIVA.

Lemme know what u guys think about ANY of these suggestions.. or suggest other ways u think diva, thru advertising, could appeal to older markets.. besides where and how they advertise - just after a message here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)