Divorced Parents (1 Viewer)

Bizqit

HSC
My parents are separating during prelim for me I have lost motivation to go to school and my attention and application towards class and Assignments have not been as good they use to and seeing as it is only the prelim year and I'm struggling with these issues will it get worse?

I'm constantly moving from house to house weekly I tell them what is happening but for them it is important to both have me in their care equally. I'm constantly tired and stress levels are very I high. I may suffer depression but am not confident enough to tell people.

I've always wanted to go to university but the way things are going I don't see it happening for me. I know you can get in other ways but I really have no interest or care to my education right now.

I'm sure other people have been I'm situations like mine and others who have suffered more if you can please tell me how you handled the HSC whilst battling these issues please help me!

Subjects
Chemistry
Physics
Advanced English
SOR2
Business studies
GM2(dropped from mathematics cause moving houses constantly and not being able to dedicate study time towards it had me drop it one term in. Could never complete homework and found myself falling behind.)

astroman

HSC
go to your school counsellor and discuss with them, don't stress, you have lots of support available and many uni scholarships are awarded to students suffering hardship during the HSC.

HSC
I think you should set yourself a goal. If your purpose/goal is to achieve something like marks. Then you should persevere despite the adversities and challenges of moving, find time to work. I highly suggest distracting yourself by an activity, like studying, or exercising, reading. Really distract yourself from your issue, that's how I got better. Things will get definitely better,

barcyy

HSC
Tough terrain breeds tougher and stronger people. This is an obstacle you have and you will overcome! Always look at the positives and try to not have the divorce on your mind all the time. Perhaps go out with friends or tell someone you trust about what happened. Once you come out of this period you will come out as a more resilient person. Stay strong and all the best for your prelims and HSC!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi there,
Firstly, I appreciate your courage in sharing your situation with the rest of this online community, which cultures a supportive and informative framework. In regards to whether these issues will get worse, it is up to you to control the situation. You are always stronger than you think, perhaps no better encapsulated than motivational songs like Kelly Clarkson's "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and Miley Cyrus' "The Climb". You can define your results and define the implications of your situation, you can use this as a motivation to study for your own sake, rather than necessarily fulfilling your parent's expectation, to pursue your dreams, and realise your true potential.

Please talk to people, particularly your best friends about this, because it will make it worse if you don't share these issues. It will have a snowball effect. You are never alone, and that is very important to know that. If you ever have any questions about education you don't know, you can always expect to get help from different forums on the bored of studies community. We are here to help and support you. Be brave, remember to do some thing that you enjoy every day, to keep pursuing your hobbies, to not let this define your HSC studies, because you are stronger than you think. Perhaps try writing down your feelings down in a journal, it will make you feel better and keep things in perspective during this very difficult time.

Remember this is not permanent, seek support. Your dream of going to university will and can still happen if you choose to make it so. Your fate is in your hands, and no one else's. Change your perspective, and the world will change. I think a very vital piece of advice is to tell your parents how much moving between houses constantly is affecting you, maybe suggest whether you can live with one parent for a longer period of time, i.e. one month each, so you feel less tired and have more stability and this will be better for your emotional and physical health. Let your parents hear your voice, and persist in sharing your voice and your opinions-they will take it on board if they truly cared for you.

I have written a senior study guide which includes my own HSC experience and subject specific advice-perhaps during this school holidays you can have a thorough read of it when you have time-and use these tips to get yourself back on track:)-both on an emotional and academic level:)-Take care:)
http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
You need to talk to your parents about your moving around weekly. I know they both love you and they both want to see you, but their decision to break away is heavily affecting you, and you need to tell them that you need a stable place to be, whether its your mum or dad's house, it honestly has to be just one. This weekly moving around must be stressful, but since your ambitions is to get into university, and your studying time is obviously affected, you need to be strong and shout out how you feel to your parents.

I can't help you with fixing your motivation or your depression since I'm merely an outsider and I have never felt the pain of seeing my parents split. But if I was in that situation, I would stabilise the whole moving around thing. Its just too much, and a little selfish on your parents' side of things. Instead of moving around weekly, maybe suggest living with dad or mum during the school term, then you can spend the holidays with the other, if they honestly want to "share" you. Otherwise, I would choose one place, and stay there until my HSC is over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)