Do I have a death wish? (1 Viewer)

Heresy

HSC
I was recently offered to take up History Extension by teachers at my school and I put my name down for it - however, I am going to be picking Extension 2 Maths and I want to know if 3 Extensions is going to be manageable.

Thoughts?

titanium_man23

HSC
The biggest concern perhaps at this point is how many units you will have for the HSC year. Im not sure what you meant by 3 extensions, whether that means both extension maths and history or extension history, maths and English etc, but assuming that you pick up both ext maths and history for the post. Keep in mind that 4U maths is worth 4 units, and if you are doing 10 or 12 units, it will take up between 33-40% of study time. It can be quite manageable if you allow it to be manageable, such as not stressing out too much, and if that is the case, that needs to be addessed.

(Taken from a friends perspective with the same issue last year BTW)

Frostguard

HSC
I mean I've got a friend doing all three extensions: 3U English/Maths/Extension but she only does 11 units and was not able to pick up 4U maths and she's doing fine but it honestly depends if you can handle the workload or not, it's personal experience. In saying that, none of the 4U math kids chose 3U History because they were encouraged to choose one rather than both extensions, I don't know much about 4U math other than its really difficult and a lot more challenging (well nah) but if you genuinely love maths and perform well, you can undertake the 4U math course. As for History Extension, you're most likely going to do this offline, so staying back after school, you've got the major work which is about 3000+ words but keep in mind this goes on for like 9 months and you'll be learning about 'what is history' which you allows you to define history and it'll teach you critical thinking/evaluative language as well as your case study, honestly if you love history and don't mind staying back, by all means go ahead and choose history ext but basically you could give 4U math+ 3U history a shot, then if you absolutely cannot handle the workload, drop one of them, if you can, keep it. Good luck!!

Heresy

HSC
I mean I've got a friend doing all three extensions: 3U English/Maths/Extension but she only does 11 units and was not able to pick up 4U maths and she's doing fine but it honestly depends if you can handle the workload or not, it's personal experience. In saying that, none of the 4U math kids chose 3U History because they were encouraged to choose one rather than both extensions, I don't know much about 4U math other than its really difficult and a lot more challenging (well nah) but if you genuinely love maths and perform well, you can undertake the 4U math course. As for History Extension, you're most likely going to do this offline, so staying back after school, you've got the major work which is about 3000+ words but keep in mind this goes on for like 9 months and you'll be learning about 'what is history' which you allows you to define history and it'll teach you critical thinking/evaluative language as well as your case study, honestly if you love history and don't mind staying back, by all means go ahead and choose history ext but basically you could give 4U math+ 3U history a shot, then if you absolutely cannot handle the workload, drop one of them, if you can, keep it. Good luck!!
Thank you - I just needed to know if it was either against the rules that NESA sets out or if it was a really bad idea :lol:
But I genuinely enjoy both and I might give both 4U and History Extension a shot - again thanks for your input!

sicklad200

HSC
I'm in the same boat, ex English 1 and 2 and then science extension - I too have a death wish, and desire for a med worthy ATAR. Good luck haha ☺

might drop the English ex units but hopefully not.

Heresy

HSC
Will you be considering dropping a unit? I think 12 units is manageable with 3 extensions, 14 I'd think you would most likely struggle.
Due to a recent revelation - I most likely won't be doing History Extension anymore yay!

I have realised that (if I were to pick Ext. 2 Math) it would take up a lot of time to both do the homework of all three (Ext.2 , Ext.1 and 2U) and to understand it so I can ace them.

Thank you for your consideration.

ninjia

HSC
N/A
You will go in thinking you're fine, and you probably will be fine for about 2 terms. Every day before trials a piece of your soul will die away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)