Do I Have Any Hope Left of Getting 90+ Atar? (1 Viewer)

Lemiixem

HSC
Hey Guys,
At the start of year 12 I made a promise to myself that I would study hard and aim for an Atar of 90+. When it came to my first assessment task I lost all motivation for the 90+ Atar goal and slacked off a bit on my study. I got my results back for my first assessment task and was wondering if I still have any chance to redeem myself after scoring soo badly in my first assessment.
My Marks for my First Assessment are as follows:
- 2U Mathematics: Mark 44% Ranking 9/15 Weighting 15%
- 2U Business Studies: Mark - Marks will be given when I return to school after the Summer Holidays, I'm guessing I got around 50% for the assessment task. Weighting 25% ( Whats funny is our Mid-Course exam is Weighing 20%)
- 2U Standard English: Mark - Have Not Done First Assessment task for English Yet.
- 2U Biology: Mark - 90% Ranking 2/32 Weighing 10%
- 2U Chemistry: Mark - 100% Ranking 1/7 Weighing 10%

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yes you do.

Most students screw up at least one exam during Year 12.

Now stop complaining, pick yourself up, and use this catastrophe (for Maths at least) to study harder for upcoming exams.

tbh you kinda brought this upon yourself by slacking off.

Aluminesis

HSC
Don't be disheartened by one assessment. It's done and dusted; set your sights on the next one and try to make up for it. Generally speaking, I think you have a good chance of 90+ Your maths mark may not be the best but remember that your school marks do not count in calculating your ATAR - your ranks do. Better marks will naturally get you better ranks, but I'm sure that if you put your mind to it, you can climb up a few ranks. Your bio and chem ranks look great; keep it up - especially chem.

Your cohort also plays a big part in your HSC. If you have a strong, smart cohort, an average rank doesn't mean you're bad. Half your HSC mark comes from the mark that your rank gets you and the other half comes from how you do in the actual HSC exam. I never understood the process so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but here's an example. You're coming second in bio. In the HSC exam, you score, say, 90 and out of your cohort, you rank third. Another person in your cohort gets 92 and they are ranked second. Because of your school assessment rank, you will take that person's 92 and the 90 you scored, and it will get you a HSC mark of 91. I slacked off in my maths trial and got 54%, dropping me down to 21/80+ But I studied hard for the exam, got 89 external with the 86 my rank gave me, and ended up with 88, which was way better than I expected. So focus on the rank and don't fret over what's already been done. If there is even one assessment to go, I say it's not too late.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Those are alright marks.
Just work harder in maffs and come first in English and you'll be right.

Pfortune35

HSC
yes, especially if you can keep your chem and bio marks high

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)