Do i need bridging courses? (1 Viewer)

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Hello! =)

This year I'm studying Biomedical Science at UNCLE, and just received a letter regarding bridging courses.

They're offering the following:
- mathematics
- human biology
- physics
- chemistry
- academic essay writing
- computer literacy
- academic survival skills
...and there are others on the website.

So what I'm wanting to know is - how relevant are bridging courses in general? (regardless of which university, but any specific info on Newcastle is also appreciated)

I was thinking about the "essay writing" and "academic survival skills" courses - has anyone had any experience with these? I did well in HSC English Advanced/Extension, so is there much more I will learn from this?

Really, any personal experiences about bridging courses would be great :wave:

NewiJapper

HSC
If you did well in English and Ext I don't see the point in taking the essay writing course. The academic survival skills yes and maybe one or two of the sciences? specifically human biology.

Also, would we be able to keep in touch because I'm thinking of doing biomedical science and I would really like some feedback and your thoughts on the course!! :D

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Yeah, I was just thinking that the style and calibre of essay writing required would be different to high school?

Human biology would be a fun bridging course, as would chemistry, but I topped both subjects in my HSC - again, not sure whether I'll get anything new. And the thing is, these courses aren't just like a one day thing... some of them go for 20 hours over a period of a week or 2!

Fo shizzle! I'll let you know how Biomed goes =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)