Do I need to think about HSC marks at all right now? (1 Viewer)

pHyRe

HSC
Hey BoS, I keep hearing people talking about getting so and so band or mark in the HSC while I really have no idea about how all that crap works. I mean I understand that 90-100 is band 6 and E4 is for extension, scaling, how ATAR is calculated etc. etc. but not so much with what kind of HSC marks I need for my atar. Right now should I just be concentrating on getting a good rank until my trials are over and then worry about that or what?

Thanks guys!

inJust

HSC
Yeah, just do your best and the system will work itself out.

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
Just get the best marks and ranks you possibly can
totally agree, just focus on having good ranks in all of your subjects and acheiving the best you can, i dont know why people estimate what they are going to get, how can you know when there is scaling invovled

Capt Rifle

HSC
yeh, the important thing now is to open those 'doors' for the future, so you can get into any course you want.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I've worked out most of the marks I need for the external exams, and to me they are simply just goals/guidelines.

It's motivation, sure they are high marks I need for my ATAR but they are by no means disheartening as it forces me to do the best I can and ensure that I study hard daily. If I fall short of those marks then so be it at least I'll know I gave it my best and won't have regrets.

'Shoot for the moon and if you miss you'll land among the stars.'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)