Do prelim results affect HSC/UAI results? (1 Viewer)

"CLEVER NAME"

HSC
I'm wondering if yr 11 is anything more than a preperartion exercise. Do assessment tasks and project results have any actual statistical effect on yr 12?.

:cool:

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
officailly it is a 2 yr course, therefore ur assess marks in ur prelim yr count towards ur overall asses marks that is theoretically 50% of ur HSC mark, the other half comin from ur exam mark.

at my school they took this all into account, i don't know why they bothered though, as they then proceeded to scale marks.

so if its not too late, i would start 2 attempt my prelim assessments

CitYgiRL

HSC
they do not count in any way marks-wise. The marks do not carry through.
I was really dissapointed cause in yr11 i was coming first in like physics, math2U and math ext1 and the whole slate was wiped clean. But learning all the background stuff really well definately contributed to my good marks in yr 12.

"CLEVER NAME"

HSC
Ok cool, good to know.

edit: oh wait, do they actually matter statistically or not?, two different opinions here

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
prelim means nothing
our teachers reckon year 11 is a waste really
but yeah nothing really counts
syllabus is totally different

Nasr.

HSC
aim54x said:
officailly it is a 2 yr course, therefore ur assess marks in ur prelim yr count towards ur overall asses marks that is theoretically 50% of ur HSC mark, the other half comin from ur exam mark.

at my school they took this all into account, i don't know why they bothered though, as they then proceeded to scale marks.

so if its not too late, i would start 2 attempt my prelim assessments
How can you attempt the assessments before school started is their a site to go on for tht ???

CitYgiRL

HSC
if you go on your university website and see if your individual subjects have websites. they might have already posted lectures, etc.
I dunno if thats what Time and Tide means or he enrolled in uni over summer or another early time. I started advanced uni math while i was still in year 12, so I know you can advance if you really want.

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
CitYgiRL said:
if you go on your university website and see if your individual subjects have websites. they might have already posted lectures, etc.
I dunno if thats what Time and Tide means or he enrolled in uni over summer or another early time. I started advanced uni math while i was still in year 12, so I know you can advance if you really want.
Oh didn't you know? It's the early-starters program. You can attend the lectures even though you havent finished your HSC yet.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Argonaut said:
They used to count towards you HSC. Fortunately, they no longer do.
They used to? Was that prior to 2001, aka the old HSC?
Coz counting Yr 11 results towards the HSC would be extremely unfair, given the great variance between the difficulty of assessments as different schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)