Do they fail you for HW in ACCT2522? (1 Viewer)

accthelp

HSC
All assessment tasks are compulsory to ensure that you have every opportunity to illustrate your knowledge of the course material. Failure to complete an assessment task may result in students being refused permission to sit the final examination, and being given an “Unsatisfactory Fail” (UF) grade for this course.

In order to pass this course, students must satisfy the following three criteria:
(a) Achieve a composite mark of at least 50%; and
(b) Satisfactorily complete all assessment tasks (see below) or submit appropriate
documentation relating to your failure to complete a task to the Lecturer-in-charge; and
(c) Achieve a satisfactory level of performance in the final exam. This usually means a minimum mark of 50%. Any student having an overall mark of 50% or more but less than 50% in the final examination will be given an UF grade.

This is what it says in the course outline. Homework is under assessment tasks.

I missed all 3 homework checks. it's only 5% of the course. But im worried about part (b) above.

BKM1

HSC
Best to ask the tutor I guess. When was the 3rd HW check? last week?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
No. I don't think so - as long as you past finals it should be alright. If you continue with an accounting major make sure to grab as many freeby marks as possible. The finals are usually a whole new animal.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
No. I don't think so - as long as you past finals it should be alright. If you continue with an accounting major make sure to grab as many freeby marks as possible. The finals are usually a whole new animal.
*horrible 1B final*

accthelp

HSC
yeah, i usually do. but this sem I had a few personal problems and accounting homework is much more tedious than finance. So I tried on many occasions, but once I fell behind early in the sem, the homework became much harder to do.

*horrible 1B final*
I need like 55% to pass. im going to go all out and hope for the best.

accthelp

HSC
well that might also work in my advantage. lot of people struggle with accounting, and with the 50% final mark pass requirement that could really work in my favour.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
I need like 55% to pass. im going to go all out and hope for the best.
Before 1B final i got 43/40 (extra bonus marks for full attendance. same to everyone else), after final, my final grade was 79.
Simple math suggests I got 36/60 in my final, that's like 60%.

accthelp

HSC
Before 1B final i got 43/40 (extra bonus marks for full attendance. same to everyone else), after final, my final grade was 79.
Simple math suggests I got 36/60 in my final, that's like 60%.
OHHH 1B as in ACCT1511? yeah i was on like 39/40 and ended up with a 73 final mark.

that was actually a fun subject. they gave away marks during semester and then put the exam late in the second week, so we had extra time to cram for it.

The homework check was filling out a bunch of boxes, which the tutor didn't check properly. He just glanced over it, so i wrote gibberish in it every week.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
OHHH 1B as in ACCT1511? yeah i was on like 39/40 and ended up with a 73 final mark.

that was actually a fun subject. they gave away marks during semester and then put the exam late in the second week, so we had extra time to cram for it.

The homework check was filling out a bunch of boxes, which the tutor didn't check properly. He just glanced over it, so i wrote gibberish in it every week.
ye i mean 1511
Are u talking abt 2522 in this thread?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
i think they can only fail u for doing poorly in exams.
Or labs and assignments.

Actually though I read the outline for a course that said if you don't attempt all the quizzes (there are only 6 and one closes every fortnight to be replaced by the next one) then you can't pass the course. That being said the quiz component was worth 5% and if you missed one quiz, then you would have to act quickly to ask the person in charge of the course to open the quiz just for you to attempt them. You didn't even need a pass mark average for it; just attempts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)