Do they mark if you write over the lines? (1 Viewer)

KeiKurono

HSC
G'DAY! I'm sure this is a silly question but please put my mind at ease. If you write over the lines in the exam paper, e.g. science subjects where they give you specified lines, does the content that you write over still get marked?
Cheers bois

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
you loose marks if you write over the lines because when the scan it; it might get cut off

just write on the lines and ask for more paper if you need it. you're not paying for the paper

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
you loose marks if you write over the lines because when the scan it; it might get cut off

just write on the lines and ask for more paper if you need it. you're not paying for the paper
wait what??

are you serious? I never knew this and legit would've gotten 0 for chem if this thread didn't rock up

But can someone confirm this coz I have a bad habit of going down the page which is hard to break :/

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
are you srs?

do you people not know how to write on the lines?

HSC
A senior marker for bio told me that if you write over the lines there is a high possibility it might not get marked because the papers get scanned. If you need to write more than the provided lines, then you ask for a booklet and write it inside the booklet. Make sure to write that you've continued the question in another booklet.

This applies to all sciences.

Everyone is going to get another booklet.

My chem teacher told me the minute you get into the exam, ask for another booklet so that you dont miss out.

One year, they ran out of booklets lol

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I've seen sample answers I think on BOS website which went over the lines...

SuchSmallHands

HSC
It depends on the subject. The ones still marked in a centre it's not big deal (like chemistry) the ones marked at home this year (modern, physics a couple of others) have clearly marked boxes that you cannot write outside of because they get cut in huge groups with a paper guillotine and no one checks every paper to make sure your answer isn't in the scraps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)