do we lose marks if we dont finish the essay? (1 Viewer)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
in the english exam i mean?

if say your up to your conclusion, and its the maddest stuff out, but then you run out of time - how badly will you get marked down? or do you get marked down at all?

collide

HSC
live.fast said:
in the english exam i mean?

if say your up to your conclusion, and its the maddest stuff out, but then you run out of time - how badly will you get marked down? or do you get marked down at all?
you prob would but if it's the best essay ever i doubt they'd take off many marks.. maybe 1? lol maybe not.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
They don't take marks off as such, but mark you on what's been done, so it's still impossible to get full marks if you don't finish your essay.

Seppuku

HSC
greycats said:
They don't take marks off as such, but mark you on what's been done, so it's still impossible to get full marks if you don't finish your essay.
What do you mean impossible to get full marks?? IS that some english advanced curse...

hannahbonanaxx

HSC
if your up to the conclusion, you should be finished within like 2min
so watch the clock, and make sure u have time to write a decent conclusion
round it off and the markers prob wont notice you ran a bit short
you wont lose marks, just might not get extra ones.

my advice: watch the clock the whole time! if you time it properly youll always finish it well.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
It's been advised to make sure you finish the conclusion even if you haven't finished the discussion of your last text.

If the clock says there's 5 minutes left and you haven't finished discussing your last text - DO THE CONCLUSION

If there's any time left, go back and end the discussion of your last text. :)

morganforrest

HSC
Technically you start at zero marks at the start of your text and they simply read through and give you marks for everything you do right. The reason you wouldn't be able to get full marks is because their is a n outcome on your ability to write. If you don't finish then you don't fulfill the requirement of "Composes a well integrated response using language appropriate to audience, purpose and context"

So they don't mark you down as such, but they can't give you full marks. My advice is to finish, even if your last argument is a little weak (use the stimulus text as your last one imo)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
AOS essay > creative writing > section 1. :)

This ensures that my essay is complete.

samuel slack

HSC
Section 1- AOS essay- Creative Writing. Thats how I handle Paper 1, because I can make up a pretty decent story in a small amount of time.

G

gaoOO

They don't deduct marks per se, but the point is that if you don't have a conclusion, you haven't drawn your texts together to a final point, so you can't earn the marks for having a well structured essay and a strong argument.

My order looks like creative>essay>short answers, lol complete opposite of samuel's :p

This will of course, depend on the questions tomorrow. If the AOS essay serves me well, i'll start with that. I like getting through the easier parts first so that halfway through my exam, i don't panic and say 'omg, i still have _ and _ to go.'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)