Do you actually enjoy the subjects you do? (1 Viewer)

bob fossil

HSC
we just finished conics at school, and we got our first assessment on the umm 8th of december on graphing AND conics.

so yeah.... quite busy

how about yourself?

We have finished complex numbers and implicit differnetiation and about half way through conics.

We have got a test in 2 weeks on all that.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
agrees with above, no matter how much you love a subject hsc will take all that and kill it, and then it will kill your soul...

Schoey93

HSC
Maths- i like MX1 but it isnt that good.
- i loveeeeeeee MX2 its really enjoyable
chem- dropped as of next week, should of taken physics. im good at it but teacher has a little bit too much fun.
bio- not massive interesting but can get over 90 in it
pe- same as bio
english- mmmmm i dont mind it co i have a good teacher and class but i wouldnt take it if i didnt have to.
SOR1- fuck off lol
Why are you annoyed that your chemistry teacher has too much fun? Surely that's a good thing: having fun helps you learn, doesn't it? There's nothing else like a teacher who has no fun to kill a student's interest in a subject.

bob fossil

HSC
Why are you annoyed that your chemistry teacher has too much fun? Surely that's a good thing: having fun helps you learn, doesn't it? There's nothing else like a teacher who has no fun to kill a student's interest in a subject.

He has way to much fun. he talks about random shit all the time trying to be funny and teaches us heaps of pointless stuff thats we don't even need to know. I pretty much have to teach myself half the course.

It is way to much for me when I'm doing 13 units.

speedofsound

HSC
yep, i pretty much enjoy all my subjects. i would have never ever considered in a million years to take a subject like physics or 3u maths just because they scale well. i would hate them and would suck at them so badly.

Klutsov

HSC
2U Maths: at times is dull, but is good overall
3U Maths: brilliant subject
Chem: can be favourite subject one day, and worst the next
Physics: same as 3U maths
English: Cannot express dislike for this in words
Ancient: alright
Music 1: Alright, gets dull at times

So overall yes

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I love my subjects, aside from english. Didn't pay attention to scaling at all when i picked my subjects; i just did what i was interested in :D

But i did love my english class, just hated the BS essays i had to write XD

cassiecocaine

HSC
The only reason I picked the subjects is because I thought I would be good at them. Besides bio, because I ran out of subjects ahahah.

Nyxie

HSC
I love all my subjects :D I made sure I dropped any subject that I didn't like (i.e. math), using the same rating system as ninetypercent, I would rate my subjects as follows:

Adv. English: 10/10
Ext. 1 English: 8/10
Ext. 2 English: 10/10
Ancient History: 10/10
Extension History: 7/10
Society and Culture: 9/10
Visual Arts: 9/10

Yeah, it's annoying seeing all the year 10 people at my school choose prestigious subjects that I know they are not suited for, (e.g. physics, ext. math and chemistry). Obviously, some people are suited to these subjects it is however frustrating when I see them all make the mistakes we made. I guess we al have to learn these things for ourselves, right?

Anyway, even though I love my subjects I am still really stressed :cold: I guess I'll just have to learn how to cope... :cook:

cherii2007

HSC
I chose the subjects I was interested in...with the exception of Mathematics and Advanced English. If I had chosen General or Standard, my parents would kill me. They were already a bit annoyed when I wasn't going to do 3U. ==;;

Advanced English: 6/10
Mathematics: 7/10 -- I would probably LOVE maths if my teacher was better...=\
Japanese Beginners: 9/10 ~ drilling through worksheets can be really boring, but I love how rewarding learning a new language is. :) Funky teacher~
Business Studies: 9/10 -- Honestly, I didn't expect to love Business so much. But I enjoy class...my teacher is the best! :D
Music 1: 8/10 -- Right now, I haven't been bothered working on my upcoming assignment (Viva) or performance. I like my class though, and I like small classes ESPECIALLY since my class is awesome. :)
Modern History: 2/10 *dropped*

gella

HSC
pretty much love all of my subjects bar ipt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)