• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you believe in God? (2 Viewers)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

RANK 1

HSC
i dont think those biblical recordings directly reflected to confrontations god

but more-so of what a god represented to them at the time
a metaphorical being that morally coerced them into followed their societal laws

then Jesus came and advocated a God of love not vengeance
- supported by Paul of Tarsus and etc
so basically wat you're saying is that deities such as god were just made up by humans in an effort explain how the universe worked and to develop for themselves a sense of comfort in believing that the evil people in the world will be punished by that deity

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
so basically wat you're saying is that deities such as god were just made up by humans in an effort explain how the universe worked and to develop for themselves a sense of comfort in believing that the evil people in the world will be punished by that deity

Death gods are Boss.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
hahahaha bloody fuck m8

you aren't even a mod here go away this section is perfectly moderated and doesn't need a bunch of power hungry new mods to fuck it up
So serious, but you just contradicted yourself in the one sentence!?

I believe that - religion was created as a means to account for the lack of understanding we have, yet also for people to I guess "find peace" amongst themselves.

LonelyWolf

HSC
I believe that - religion was created as a means to account for the lack of understanding we have, yet also for people to I guess "find peace" amongst themselves.
precisely. now we have a far greater understanding of our world without the need for religion to account for the lack of, however many still seek comfort in the existence of the supernatural and construction of cultural traditions - that should be respected

cheese_cheese

HSC
How does Tony Abbott or Kevin Rudd or anyone else believing in God hurt others so long as they do not take their actions out on others.

Freddici

HSC
I obviously won't read through 60pages of posting but did anyone bring up Noah's Ark thing?

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Re: Do you believe is God?

sometimes people's stupidity pisses me off, i go to a catholic school and it annoys me whenever they say lets pray for something. if god was real we wouldnt have to pray in the first place, i.e lets all pray for japan. well if an omnipotent all-loving god existed japan wouldnt have gotten fucked over in the first place
ur dumb

and very narrow-minded

please riddle me this

if we were born and made FREE

of what purpose would it be to constantly intervene?

are we then all that free?

freedom bears privileges and consequences
- most consequences have been a direct result of our action
- how will we ever learn if god will say "hmm, well they fucked up YET AGAIN better patch things up"

also, we arent the only free-beings

the ecological system is free to be temperamental

we have caused our own self-restrictions due to crime/a lack of trust

+ not believing in the CHRISTIAN God because of CATHOLIC dogma and patriarchal beliefs is just straight out stupid

i am a christian who believes in god but does not align myself with the catholic interpretations (nor any other denom for that matter)

please think b4 u post and make me waste my time

ilovesilly

HSC
N/A

sometimes people's stupidity pisses me off, i go to a catholic school and it annoys me whenever they say lets pray for something. if god was real we wouldnt have to pray in the first place, i.e lets all pray for japan. well if an omnipotent all-loving god existed japan wouldnt have gotten fucked over in the first place
umm im pretty sure that christianity isn't so simple... that's why it's called faith. and how exactly does praying make people stupid? it looks like someone here isn't so bright either..

cheese_cheese

HSC

ur dumb

and very narrow-minded

please riddle me this

- how will we ever learn if god will say "hmm, well they fucked up YET AGAIN better patch things up"

+ not believing in the CHRISTIAN God because of CATHOLIC dogma and patriarchal beliefs is just straight out stupid

i am a christian who believes in god but does not align myself with the catholic interpretations (nor any other denom for that matter)

Please reread what you just said so you can see how laughable it is. I am not saying you have to be a good Christian and go to Church, although don't disrespect those who do choose to.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A

Please reread what you just said so you can see how laughable it is. I am not saying you have to be a good Christian and go to Church, although don't disrespect those who do choose to.
i have re-read it and fail to see whats so laughable about it

and ur added comment does not make any sense in the context of the debate

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

Rank 1 no offence but a little more substance in your posts wouldn't hurt.

RANK 1

HSC

ur dumb

and very narrow-minded

please riddle me this

“Is God willing to prevent evil and suffering, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil and suffering? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

epicurus

noworriez1

HSC
N/A

“Is God willing to prevent evil and suffering, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil and suffering? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

epicurus
quoting someone of a background in philosophy or of historical importance doesnt mean that they are right or have the final say on these issues

also its sad that u let someone else make up ur mind for u rather than doing a bit of thinking for urself

anyway i dont expect much out of ur posts and frankly i feel like im wasting my time writing this 2 u

so im going to leave it at this:

please dont be so stupid next time

noworriez1

HSC
N/A

bahahaha

so u dont even know ur perspective yet but are willing to shape it based on my answer

well, im sorry mate

i cant provide a unified static definition of god

it varies for everyone

RANK 1

HSC

quoting someone of a background in philosophy or of historical importance doesnt mean that they are right or have the final say on these issues

also its sad that u let someone else make up ur mind for u rather than doing a bit of thinking for urself

anyway i dont expect much out of ur posts and frankly i feel like im wasting my time writing this 2 u

so im going to leave it at this:

please dont be so stupid next time
are u retarded? its a philosophical quote thats meant to make you think about it, its not a statement saying that there is no doubt that god does not exist; its purpose is to pose the question that if he did exist then why is this shit going on.

and just because im quoting ppl does not mean that i do not think by myself, its because i've thought about it and agree with him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)