Do you believe in last minute studying? (1 Viewer)

Do you believe in last minute studying?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Give me some candy..

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

redhat

Well?

Tell me of your successes/failures attributing to this favourable secret of mine :)

losty

fuck yeah!!!! I live with it!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the only way to study..... about 2 nites before and a hell of a lot of cramming on the bus on the way to school... seems to work for me.... i find thast if i study about a week earlier (never tried any more than that) they i just forget everything anyway

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
It works, to a degree. You can pass-and can actually do quite well-if you cram effectively, but you're not gonna do absolutely brilliantly. And you will forget it very soon after you crammed it...so you have to re-learn everything the next time exams roll around.
But yeah, I wouldn't have it any other way.:D

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
the Art of Cramming is essential for your HSC year. It may save you during hard times, and mastering this skill is very rewarding. Although the complicacy involved with mastering the skills of cramming information into your cranium effectively may lead you to the wrong way, trying is alway worth it.

It is also a good idea to re-cram everything just before a test, to ensure you remember everything.

m3.4..012

hm...
yup it works.

I remember for maths that I didn't learn all the
formulas and when I tried studying I didn't know
how to do some stuff..

so I had to stay up all night cramming it all in
and waking my sister up when ever I was stuck.

I passed 53/59
Not bad..
surprisingly came first..
even beat the smart girl in class.

I think cramming only works in Maths since
you just need to understand the formula..

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
oh yeah baby =)
hehe... thank you underthesun , the Art of Cramming is really an essential skill and not to be underestimated =)

to the amateurs:.....

*the secret to cramming*
1. you get a condensed version of everything you need to know (preferably off a smart and generous aquanitance).
2. (and here's the special bit)... you study & memorise a bit... then you GO AWAY and do something else that doesn't involve your brain.. play guitar, go to the fridge, whatever. trust me; by relieving your brain for a couple of minutes, you let the stuf you've just learnt 'sink in' to your memory... study for 10 minutes, bludge for 2, study for 15, bludge for 5.. haha... it works !!

and always remember the power of coffee :drink:

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
i think you can cram for everything cept maths?
Theres no formula for time payment quesitons and super annuation! And integration questions with a formula still have heaps of steps you have to practice over and over

where as everything else just memorise some dates/quotes/people before you write essays

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yes yes and YES!

cramming and last minute study is the only way to get through exams... i've been doing it since year 11 and its worked everytime

yeah it works if you do it 'right'

im doing it now for my physics double exam on friday.. MuahUAH

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
You can only cram for subjects where a large amount of regurgitation is necessary or you need to know a wide range of algorithms. IMO you can't cram for 3U and 4U maths or languages, but you can for HSC "science" subjects :).

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i said no - i don't agree in cramming like the morning before an exam... but the night before etc. definately works..

cramming just before you go into an english exam never works - you try to remember quotes and then just feel that you "have" to include them in your essay, and 1/2 the time they aren't relevant

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by redhat
Well?

Tell me of your successes/failures attributing to this favourable secret of mine :)
definately!

works better in some courses better than others though.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by ballerinabarbie

cramming just before you go into an english exam never works - you try to remember quotes and then just feel that you "have" to include them in your essay, and 1/2 the time they aren't relevant
I agree - if you're well prepared, quotes will flow naturally out of your brain in support of your points :).

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
but you can for HSC "science" subjects :).
yeah thats true... i do it for physics biology and ipt...

it works! mAaUHAUh

chip

HSC
i dont really study well after 9.00 at night so i'd have to say no to last minute studying

i'm an early to bed person cause i gotta get up early to train.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)