Do you believe in last minute studying? (1 Viewer)

Do you believe in last minute studying?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Give me some candy..

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
soo tru maths is like one of the only subjects u CAN NOT cram

u need fukloads of practice to be gud =D

bobo123

HSC
economics is pretty much a cram-only subject as well

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
YES, I CRAM!

Well cramming those work, especially eating 230 lines of Juvenal in a night... satires are yummy :jedi:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
soo tru maths is like one of the only subjects u CAN NOT cram

u need fukloads of practice to be gud =D
I crammed for uni maths exam last week. And I did hell good in it...usually Ive done the week a few before so by the time the test comes around Ive forgotten it.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Unless the subject builds on itself ... you can cram the subject! (I think!) :)

N

ND

I disagree about not being able to cram for maths. How many people know the integral of cosecx, or the equation for the normal of a rectangular hyperbola at P(ct, c/t)? There's not enough time to derive these sorts of things during the exam (unless specifically asked for it). And of course there is the induction concluding statement. :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
IMO, ND, alot of the time, especially in Extension 2 Mathematics, they require you to derive certain formulae (as early parts of the question). Few people walk into an exam knowing the integral of cosec, or the normal of a hyperbola! :)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I think you cn cram for maths (especially general maths, cos youget given a formula sheet!:p ), unless you didn't understand something when you did it it class. If you did it once and understood it at the time, you should be able to relearn it again in a crash course the night before, but if you just sat in class with no clue, then it'll be no good opening your text book at 11pm the night before an exam and expect to magically understand.
But of course-you will always go better if you give yourself tiem to practice, ot just learn it. That goes for any subject. But frankly-who can be arsed?:confused:

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well how many question in the exam is gonna ask you straight how to integrate cosec x, besides those few 1 mark questions...

its those harder questions that you cant cram for, where you actually have to practice to memorise the procedure in approaching that certain type of questions

N

ND

Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
well how many question in the exam is gonna ask you straight how to integrate cosec x, besides those few 1 mark questions...

Actually, in a direct question like "Integrate cosecx" is where you will have to derive it, and not just write the answer. The reason i memorize them is so in a q7/q8 question, i don't have to waste valuable time deriving it when there is another hundred things to do in that question.

its those harder questions that you cant cram for, where you actually have to practice to memorise the procedure in approaching that certain type of questions
I really dislike memorizing textbook methods. I find it's quickest (and more fun) to look for the shorter solution (particularly in the later questions).

N

ND

Originally posted by flyin'
IMO, ND, alot of the time, especially in Extension 2 Mathematics, they require you to derive certain formulae (as early parts of the question). Few people walk into an exam knowing the integral of cosec, or the normal of a hyperbola! :)
Yep i understand, but as i said above, it's always good to know when it's in part of a solution where the question doesn't directly ask for it (but requires it for the final solution). If that made any sense? :confused:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ND
... If that made any sense? :confused:
Yes, it does! Especially, if you accidently derive the wrong formula! :p

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by ND

Yep i understand, but as i said above, it's always good to know when it's in part of a solution where the question doesn't directly ask for it (but requires it for the final solution). If that made any sense? :confused:
you should know how to dervie stuff... and that comes thru doing your maths homework

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by ND
I disagree about not being able to cram for maths. How many people know the integral of cosecx, or the equation for the normal of a rectangular hyperbola at P(ct, c/t)? There's not enough time to derive these sorts of things during the exam (unless specifically asked for it). And of course there is the induction concluding statement. :p
edit: I get what yoru saying now.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah i get you. :D

But im just saying from my personal experience. when i didnt do that much work and try to cram before a math exam i dun get anywhere, whereas when i attempted to study/practice maths for a long period of time before the test, i generally do much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)