Do you find yourself naturally smart? (1 Viewer)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I am a llama. I am naturally creative.
This does not deem me smart. It deems me of a more wayward mind.
But it deems me "intelligent".
However I lack sense and a mind that can withstand rigourous academia.
Thus I am not smart academically (ignore my HSC subject choices, I just work hard).
But I like learning too?

OH meh whatever, I just want to go to sleep and ignore the many assignments piling on my head.

A l

HSC
N/A
I tend to think that a "naturally smart" student is who is talented and gifted academically ever since their first day of school. lol
I don't think that I'm "naturally" smart. I mean, back in late primary school and early high school years, I was no better than your state average student and I actually failed quite a number of subjects in Year 7. However, I then started to work harder as well as learn how to study and organise myself. By Year 8, I was close to top end of the grade for nearly all my subjects and that hasn't changed ever since....
However, what annoys me the most is someone who practically doesn't try and bludges throughout the year, yet still manages to beat those harder working students. What makes it even worse is if that person starts rubbing it in, saying how they procrastinated, copied off friends, bludged in class etc, yet they still beat you even after you've been working very hard.
The point is, to exploit your abilities as effectively as possible. Whether you are "naturally smart" or not, you should always give everything your personal best....

Glen Anderson

Captain Affirmative
HSC
jujujellybean said:
It sucks either way. I managed to b. s my way through junior school and up until last year I think it worked. Now it's HSC year and I am the biggest procrastinator, I get easily distracted and I can't get motivated. I don't think it's a matter of being "naturally smart". I think everyone has the ability to do well and succeed. It's a matter of determination, if you want something bad enough, then you'll do what you need to do to get it. It sounds corny, but mind power is a powerful thing

yeah im there with you btu all my mate seem 2 be able to go home and study from like 4 till 10 or 11.Except this one kid, never studys and gets 97% in tests,Bitch

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
A l said:
I tend to think that a "naturally smart" student is who is talented and gifted academically ever since their first day of school. lol
I don't think that I'm "naturally" smart. I mean, back in late primary school and early high school years, I was no better than your state average student and I actually failed quite a number of subjects in Year 7. However, I then started to work harder as well as learn how to study and organise myself. By Year 8, I was close to top end of the grade for nearly all my subjects and that hasn't changed ever since....
However, what annoys me the most is someone who practically doesn't try and bludges throughout the year, yet still manages to beat those harder working students. What makes it even worse is if that person starts rubbing it in, saying how they procrastinated, copied off friends, bludged in class etc, yet they still beat you even after you've been working very hard.
The point is, to exploit your abilities as effectively as possible. Whether you are "naturally smart" or not, you should always give everything your personal best....
i agree with that.

i sooo envy those who bludges ... and gets super duper marks >=/
there's one of my friends that's like that .. annoys me = =;;

Riviet

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
Do you think your naturally smart?
state your answer and elaborate.
I personally think we all have talents, we just have to find out what they are and make the most with them in our lives. I know for myself that I have to work hard to get those good marks in maths or science; if I don't study, I won't get those marks. It seems the naturally smart people don't really have to study much at all, I used to know a friend that would read through the textbook once and memorise everything. I also know another friend that got 100 UAI last year and he was dux every year from 7-12 and got top 10 in the state for all of his subjects. These people are who I think the naturally smart people.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Riviet said:
I personally think we all have talents, we just have to find out what they are and make the most with them in our lives. I know for myself that I have to work hard to get those good marks in maths or science; if I don't study, I won't get those marks. It seems the naturally smart people don't really have to study much at all, I used to know a friend that would read through the textbook once and memorise everything. I also know another friend that got 100 UAI last year and he was dux every year from 7-12 and got top 10 in the state for all of his subjects. These are what I think the naturally smart people.
yeh. those are the people that i think are naturally smart .. and whom i really envy >=/

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
yeh. those are the people that i think are naturally smart .. and whom i really envy >=/
yeah my cousin is naturally smart. his in uni now and you rarely see him study but still ends up with top marks and beats a lot of people. even when he was doing his hsc, he was saying how he studied the night before for business and ended up with 88 and 90 as the hsc mark.

H

housemouse

hopeles5ly said:
yes that is my case as well. people in my school classify me as being "smart" mainly because of the marks i get and the responses i produce. however they don't know how much effort and time i put in to prepare for assessments and the responses i write. it's very time consuming and thus if i was to be given a question on the spot i wouldn't be able to answer it very well unless i had prepared for it. i can say that i am slow learner. some people in my school put themselves up against me and because of that i would in no way allow them to take the ranks i have achieved despite how unmoviated i've been and my lack of effort recently, but im getting back on track now. a reason for this is because like you said kent they some will just rub it in your face
Maybe they should look at some of the subjects you do.

*sparklez...

HSC
nopez...wish i was though...nothing beats a hard worker but unfortunately i'm not that either *dies* i'm unorganised, dont do homework, dont listen, sleep in class, late to class (well not anymore) and had 32 absences in my last yearly report...but i am determined this year so hope it all goes well =]

Bookie

Banned
HSC
This is such a shit thread. It needs cockiness to get ahead. I dont want to be cocky, but alas, i will go forth.

Warning: Cockiness

ive been smarter than the average population. i am hoping to get a uai of around 97-98, and i honestly will not study as much as half the number of hours as some of you will (yes, im using them signature hour counters as a guide). i try to study, i just cant, my brain wont let me. in junior school, i pWn3d them n00bs. I easily made an OC and got given Year 8 maths in Year 5 as part of that class. Into early Year 9 maths by the end of Year 6, i pWn3d thwm n00bs there too. The selective school thing was pretty big then, and I had easy marks to get into James Ruse, except I also didnt want to go to a piece of hellhole, so i did not apply for shatface high (JR).
in high school however, ive come across so many brilliant minds is bloody uncanny. id be in the 30-35th percentile at school right now, and although a majority of those above me study 5 or 6 hours a day, there are those who are topping subjects and dont study at all. they just grasp shit really fast. i accelrated 2umaths (whoop) and got 95, which i wasnt too happy with, but i guess itll do. this allowed me to get into cosmology.
i was impressed at my school, but cosmology introduced me to people so fucking beyond incomprehensibly smart, its amazing. year 10kids accelerating 4u maths and getting 95. kids in year 11 who accelerated 4u maths, physics and SDD in one go. just bloody amazing.

i dont know what the point of this post is. but i know although im naturally smart to an extent (i cant attribute many marks to hard work), there are some people who are absolute freaks.

kthnxbai.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I don't know if this falls into the ctaagory of "natually smart" but i seem to be able to blab my way through written essays in any subject easily (at uni level, it doesnt always equal good mks though LOL). but when it comes to maths, I'm not hopeless but have to work hard at every little exercise and question to come out alive :(

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Bookie said:
but cosmology introduced me to people so fucking beyond incomprehensibly smart, its amazing. year 10kids accelerating 4u maths and getting 95. kids in year 11 who accelerated 4u maths, physics and SDD in one go. just bloody amazing.
Those are the guys who show the incredible motivation yr 8, yr 9 and to an extent, year 10.

the bludge years.
i didnt do jack crap.

then again, these are probably the overtly materialistic wankers out for their parents, or the $$. damn them to hell and piss and shit and back
still, i wish i was one of them.

Last edited:

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
vanush said:
Those are the guys who show the incredible motivation yr 8, yr 9 and to an extent, year 10.

the bludge years.
i didnt do jack crap.

then again, these are probably the overtly materialistic wankers out for their parents, or the $$. damn them to hell and piss and shit and back
Vanush is a good friend of mine. His mental stability is questionable at the best of times.

gaypsych101

HSC
vanush said:

the bludge years.
i didnt do jack crap.

^
^ Lol. How funny.

I droped out of school in yr 8 and became a slacker for 3 years (best three years of my life). Party all night and sleep all day long....Now, however, i'm doing my HSC at TAFE (cause my fake ID got confiscated. no jking. and no, i'm not one of those scary crazy people who are like 15 or 25 who come to TAFE and think there all that....i'm only 17.) and really, i'm trying to push myself to do the harder stuff and i'm not exactally cruizing along but i think i'm kinda okay....
You see, i lack a best subject. I can get 100% marks on my "talky speechy standy in front of classy" type exams but when i have to sit down and put pen to paper the most i can hope for is a finshed piece (cause i write kinda slow) so yeah, i don't quiet have a best subject so the question here is (do you find yourself naturally dumb?) ...lol, and i don't know why i babled on like that.

Last edited:

gaypsych101

HSC
Bookie said:
You sound like one fucked up bogan, and I'm sure you are, but good on you for the efforts you are making, it makes my heart warm.
Thanks for that elegant, yet comforting remark.
I was just too cool for school, and well, i feel sorry for the people who actually stick it out in school. Cause i'd rather party and actually enjoy my youth.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
gaypsych101 said:
Thanks for that elegant, yet comforting remark.
I was just too cool for school, and well, i feel sorry for the people who actually stick it out in school. Cause i'd rather party and actually enjoy my youth.
Oh shit, of all the places... Bookie no, he's only young, he didn't know better! For the love of god Bookie, no Bookie no! BOOKIE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

xx__savannah

HSC
I don't think I'm naturally smart. I'm able to bullshit responses better than the average person, and see things in poetry, but apart from that, I'm ordinary, more or less, according to my teachers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)