Do you get marked down for pencil?? (1 Viewer)

Glass Prisoner

HSC
Serious question.... I make SO many mistakes and continuously think of ways to reword what I've just written even better, so can they actually deduct marks for using pencil? or what would happen??
they'd sitll have to mark it.... right??:worried:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Try planning before hand when you start writing your answers. Plan how you're going to write it, the language that you're going to use and the overall structure of it.
The instructions on the front tell you to use a blue or black pen, so I don't think a pencil will suffice.

Use a pencil for planning, and a pen for writing your answers :)

yosemite sam

HSC
plan on a blank sheet just some dot points to trigger what you'll write in your head.

don't write in pencil because it clearly says black or blue pen and a lot of the stuff is marked on computers these days, even the long answers are done online by teachers so that could impact on how much of your answer is seen? i wouldnt risk it.

kassie123

HSC
Damn, I was hoping to use pencil as well...
I dont even have a pen license yet!
Oh well the black pen will have to do
eeek

bettina44

HSC
in our trials a girl in our class wrote in pencil and she got a zero, don't know if the same thing would happen in the sc

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My response is based on the HSC marking procedure for Modern History only so don't take this as gospel.

The HSC rules and procudures also states that you have to use blue or black pen but...

I have marked three or four responses this week written in pencil and a couple in red pen.

Were they marked down? No but... the pencil is very hard to read. As most markers are 40+ and we aren't marking in not optimum places i.e. the animal sheds at the showground, where the lighting isn't the best and marking at night after a full day at work I would advise using pen as it is just soooooo much easier to read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)