Do you get Superannuation? (1 Viewer)

akrinis

HSC
Does your employer give you Super? I just found out only the managers at my restaurant gets it, so I'm assuming Fast Food Outlets don't offer it to their crew.

HSC
i'm pretttty sure everyone gets super, even casuals as far as i know

well maybe not dodgy cash-in-hand jobs but whatever

Nic-zilla

HSC
I get super for my casual job but i think u get it when u do a certain number of hours a week

michael1990

HSC
Most people do get Superannuation. I have had a fight with my employer as they tried to tell me that only people above 18 years old get super. But I am here to prove them wrong.

Australian Tax Office said:
Generally, as an employee, your employer should be paying super for you if you are:
  • aged 18 years or over but under 70 and
  • paid at least $450 (before tax) in a calendar month
If you are under 18, you are eligible for compulsory super guarantee if you work 30 hours or more a week.
You may also be eligible if you work under a contract that is wholly or principally for your labour
You may not be eligible if you’re:
  • paid to do work of a private or domestic nature for 30 hours or less each week
  • a non-resident employee and you’re paid to do work outside Australia
  • a member of the Army, Navy or Air Force Reserve
  • a foreign executive holding a specific class of visa or entry permit, or
  • temporarily working in Australia for an overseas employer and are covered by a bilateral social security agreement.
Source: Superannuation guarantee - individuals

mitch179

HSC
I get super at Target. The thing is though, I hardly ever earn the $450 in a month to get it. I normally do get it in the christmas period, and I definately should get it this month because I'll be earning abut $550 over 2 weeks, so yeah.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I get super occasionally, but I have to change accounts because my super account is eaten up by fees lol.

sunken eyes

HSC
Everyone gets super except casuals, who are supposedly compensated for this by a higher hourly rate. Whoever earn enough money or work enough hours in a week ( I forget the exact way it works) and you can recieve super as a casual by working roughly the same hours as a full timer or part timer.

HSC
I got a contribution of $96 noted in my payslip from last week, which makes me wonder whether or not the contributions are only made like once every six months or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)