• No, but I'll get one in Year 12

Votes: 19 14.0%

• Total voters

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
No I don't.

I must say that I feel as though those students who do have tutor's have a clear cut advantage. This is less to do with the fact that they have tutors and more to do with their high work ethic and the reasons behind having a tutor in the first place (either they go to a selective school and thus have a tutor to keep up with others who have tutors. Or, they have parents that push them to excel at school, and employ the use of tutors as a means of encouraging them to keep working and consequently perform well).

I doubt going to a tutor would help those who are perpetually lazy or perennial procrastinators.

Like me =]

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
I could use a physics tutor as well!
I probably mentioned this earlier... but I go to a maths coaching centre (strict asian guy) but I'm not sure if I would benefit more from getting a private tutor.
Where is it at, Fairfield? :p

M@ster P

HSC
I have a maths tutor because simply my maths teacher at school does not have the time to teach everyone at their own individual needs, this is when a maths tutor comes in.

HSC
i have a tutor for french continuers because i wanted to practice speaking and getting the accent so it was the only way i could think to do it

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Re: Matrix Review

No offense to anyone but i personally don't go tutoring. I find that all your really need to do is just pay attention in class and do all your homework given to you. Then on top of that buy a few study guides etc from bookshops and learn the content on your own. Just need to be motivated in the first place to learn on your own. Otherwise what good can tutoring do for you if you aren't motivated. Waste of money otherwise. Dilip Raj who topped 2U maths in the 2007 HSC from macquarie fields high school according to him he topped 2U math on his own. So if he can do it anyone can do it too.

McBean88

HSC
tutoring does help but its hard finding a good tutor. Anyone know how to start a thread??

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
McBean88 said:
tutoring does help but its hard finding a good tutor. Anyone know how to start a thread??
Click New Thread on the top left hand corner of your page.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Re: Matrix Review

dux&src said:
No offense to anyone but i personally don't go tutoring. I find that all your really need to do is just pay attention in class and do all your homework given to you. Then on top of that buy a few study guides etc from bookshops and learn the content on your own. Just need to be motivated in the first place to learn on your own. Otherwise what good can tutoring do for you if you aren't motivated. Waste of money otherwise. Dilip Raj who topped 2U maths in the 2007 HSC from macquarie fields high school according to him he topped 2U math on his own. So if he can do it anyone can do it too.
Of course you can do it without tutoring, it's just that many people find that tutoring makes it easier because it allows them to learn stuff before and simply have it reinforced at school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)