do you have any advice to help a new uni student to get good grades? (1 Viewer)

bachelor

so i guess the three fings needed are preparation, planning and hard-work? Just like wateva u do in life..

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Work hard and drink lots of water, and you should do just fine. :D Just check out the School forum, and take the same advice, if it was actually good.

Dingo

Banned
just remember, while you are studying, you are young, and dont let your youthfulness days go by without using it to your advantage.

in otherwords just remember, have lots of sex with as many chicks as possible.

if you have troubles finding chicks in uni. heres a link to help your satisfaction needs. It is a listing of all the brothels in Sydney.

www.hookerlooker.biz/asian.html

peace^^

Last edited:

bachelor

wat can i say... hahahhaha :)

fanks 4 reminding me dude that i gota hav fun too

although im refering to normal fun lol

izi

HSC
one thing i found really helpful was doing the assignments early. as soon as i started uni i started doing all my assignments purely because i loved doing them having gotten into the course i have always wanted to get into. and it really helped coz not many people were doing their assignments that early so the library still had majority of the books on the shelfs.
with my course i find it nearly impossible to keep up. if you find that this is the case, its ok to miss out on easy lectures that you know will be a waste of time as the lecturer will just read through the lecture notes so go to the library and study something that you didnt understand previously.
also, read your tutorial and prac notes before hand otherwise you are gonna waste your time sitting there

izi

HSC
and yeah one more thing...
have fun doing what you are doing. its really not worth stressing the same way you did during the hsc. you wont get better marks stressing

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by izi
and yeah one more thing...
have fun doing what you are doing. its really not worth stressing the same way you did during the hsc. you wont get better marks stressing
sif u stressed for HSC, izi...I remember u beat me in english trials with like NO study =/

izi

HSC
english does not count, you dont stress for english, there is nothing to stress over when it comes to english

bachelor

since u guys are on the topic of stress, ive heard that each uni exam period is stressful like the hsc. wat is ur take on this?

ND

HSC
Originally posted by izi
english does not count, you dont stress for english, there is nothing to stress over when it comes to english
Hahah, english is honestly the only subject i stressed over all year (well, apart from when you realise you're running out of time in the 4u maths exam).

izi

HSC
i mostly stressed over 4u maths
for english i just walked into the exam and hoped for the best

for some people it is like the hsc and they get really stressed, but really it isnt coz all you have to do is pass. you are not under the pressure to get high 90s. although some people still have that habit of trying to gain every possible mark
the only exam i stress for is anatomy and physiology because its worth 80%, its hard, its huge and you run out of time and its even harder when after the theory you have to go to the lab to do your prac exam and identify features of the kidney when all you see is piece of cut up meat covered in blood, so you move on to the arteries of the hind limb...oh shit even worse
so you just stay calm, take a deep breath (how cliche, but true!) and everything will start flooding back into your brain.
when you get your exam results you will be pleasently surprised.
i was, and so were most other people i know at uni

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by izi
someone was confident :p

Originally posted by bachelor
since u guys are on the topic of stress, ive heard that each uni exam period is stressful like the hsc. wat is ur take on this?
It depends...if u arent prepared, u'll find it a lot more stressful - because of the fact u only get 4-5 days of stuvac time to prepare, instead of the numerous weeks u got for the HSC

izi

HSC
english? confident? no, the two words dont go together with me
with english i was pretty.... neutral, ie. didnt care

and back to the topic
what Asquithian wrote
get those easy marks during the semester coz they are really easy to get, ie. assignments and those 5% and 10% quizzes that you dont even have to study for coz you just had those lectures last week and its all fresh in your mind

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Asquithian
like right now ...im reading the law texts for next year ...but thats how i do it...so when i get to it nex tyear...i wont have to work so freneticially..cosi know during uni term i dont or wont work or cram
...which i found myself doin this year ...and i can tell u it wasnt pleasent

hi, so do u reckon that we should start studying once we know we are accepted into our course??

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, you should have a look at the sort of stuff that you will be doing...i have had a look at whats in my 2nd year subjects these holidays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)