Do you have any part-time job? (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I just got a job at Tree Valley Golf Course as the tractor driver that picks up golf balls on the driving range. It's surprisingly a shit load of fun, I just listen to my iPod and drive a tractor while people take shots at ya...however, I can see the novelty wearing off pretty soon. It's only two days a week for two hours each day, and the pay is pretty shit as well, but it's enough to allow me to afford to get out of the house. It's something like $7.50 an hour.

On that note, what's the minimum wage for 16 year olds and then 17 year olds? I turn 17 in a week, so I'm hoping my pay's gonna go up soon.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I think I'm like the only one here who doesn't work in customer service....let me tell u ppl non-customer service work is the best!

Trogie

HSC
yenta said:
I think I'm like the only one here who doesn't work in customer service....let me tell u ppl non-customer service work is the best!
so, where do you work?

le baa

HSC
I've been a check-out chick at Woolies for 27 months. Boring as hell, but it's good pay for a job I can do with my eyes closed.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Ok, any jobs in Gordon that don't recquire any previous experience? I've never had a real job thing before.

Pharaohsam

HSC
Uni Grad
i heard this story from i friend of mine that works at MACCAS...

this massive bikey dud ordered a double quarter pounder with meat instead of the buns lol...

so it was...

MEAT
CHEESE
MEAT
CHEESE
MEAT
CHEESE
MEAT

what a beefcake lol :chainsaw:

isoonsui

HSC
McHectic said:

this massive bikey dud ordered a double quarter pounder with meat instead of the buns lol...

so it was...

MEAT
CHEESE
MEAT
CHEESE
MEAT
CHEESE
MEAT

lol , that's HUGE !

Wonder how could he grip that cake.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
McHectic said:

so it was...

MEAT
CHEESE
MEAT
CHEESE
MEAT
CHEESE
MEAT

damn he would have had greasy hands and if he didnt remove it from his palms , when he was riding the bike he could have crashed, all cuase of a burger

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
my job rocks...i work at rosehill gardens racecouse on racedays and get paid almost twice the award wage (for a 16 year old) for standing around and talking to people i work with and occasionally ansewring questions :D

*ashlea*

HSC
oh im so jealous!!
i work at coles as a checkout chick.. it uber-boring but it beats my old job as an amcal pharmacy assistant...

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
cholly said:
my job rocks...i work at rosehill gardens racecouse on racedays and get paid almost twice the award wage (for a 16 year old) for standing around and talking to people i work with and occasionally ansewring questions :D
Nice, how did you score that job?

Trogie

HSC
cholly said:
Yeh, dish, you reckon they'd do the same sort of thing at Randwick?

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
my sister works there as well and she told me about it...in about may-june last year they were advertising it on the website and i applied...they have the interviews out at caterbury racecourse and so if i wanted to (more like if i had a car) i could work at canterbury too seeing as theyre run by the same people...

ive heard the process at randwick is much the same (cause alot of people who work at rosehill work at randwick too) but apparently they are alot stricter and stuff...i got offered work at randwick during their *peak seasons* but i had exams :(

*drifts off into stream of conciousness about job*
... the other good thing about it is that the same union goes for telstra stadium, scg etc so if you want seconds jobs you ring up the union and tell them that you want to work there and they do it for you (well thats what ive heard at least)

*realises this post is turning into an ad for the stc*

*afterthought* the website is www.stc.com.au and its is under 'corporate'...oh yeah...and even though it says there arent any opportunities atm if you really want it email your application anyway and theyll eventually get back to you :D

Trogie

HSC
cholly said:
my sister works there as well and she told me about it...in about may-june last year they were advertising it on the website and i applied...they have the interviews out at caterbury racecourse and so if i wanted to (more like if i had a car) i could work at canterbury too seeing as theyre run by the same people...

ive heard the process at randwick is much the same (cause alot of people who work at rosehill work at randwick too) but apparently they are alot stricter and stuff...i got offered work at randwick during their *peak seasons* but i had exams :(

*drifts off into stream of conciousness about job*
... the other good thing about it is that the same union goes for telstra stadium, scg etc so if you want seconds jobs you ring up the union and tell them that you want to work there and they do it for you (well thats what ive heard at least)

*realises this post is turning into an ad for the stc*

*afterthought* the website is www.stc.com.au and its is under 'corporate'...oh yeah...and even though it says there arent any opportunities atm if you really want it email your application anyway and theyll eventually get back to you :D
Funny that, I just got a job with Telstra Stadium, do you think they might let me branch into racecourse work some time down the road.

Thanks for the advice

iamsickofyear12

HSC
twinkling said:
Well, it's quite enjoyable when it's not busy.

Except some customers make special orders like,
'Double cheese burger without any pickle, ketchup, onion , but put ....'
that's really confusing.

just get things as they are, people! plz -
I used to go into Maccas @ Pitt Steet and always make special orders, like double, triple and quadruple cheeseburgers and double, triple and quadruple quarter pounders and stuff.

I only ordered a quadruple quarter pounder once, and the guy at the counter thought it was fucking hilarious. When I ordered a quadruple cheeseburger the guy in the kitchen got confused. And sometimes people didn't know how to put it into the computer so they had to get someone else to help them.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I worked at Video Ezy last year. It was okay, but I hated serving people from school who I saw all the damn time! But the pay was good and we got to rent movies for free.

Trogie

HSC
marchetta said:
I worked at Video Ezy last year. It was okay, but I hated serving people from school who I saw all the damn time! But the pay was good and we got to rent movies for free.
Hey how did you get that job? and which video ezy did ya work at?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)