Do you have any tips/hints for the trials? (1 Viewer)

x3Reii

HSC
I have trials on monday. English first and I'm stressing. It's so hard to know everything required. And remembering quotes is so difficult.

So I'm just wondering if you guys have any tips and hints to surviving the trials. I also have biology and chemistry the day after so it's pretty hardcore.

So yeah, anything is appreciated. Thanks!

failwhale

HSC
record yourself saying your essays and listen to them.

write your essays out as much as you can, and try to rewrite quotes over and over again until u get it drilled in.

i tend to not care about memorising about intro or conclusion since u need to address a different question (most likely) on the exam day. so that's leaves you with more time to concentrate on quotes, techniques and topic sentences.

hope that helps! and good luck, we have english on the same time ahah

chubzy

HSC
currently in the middle of my trials, it's really not as bad as what I expected it to be

make sure you don't burn out, remember to have a lot of sleep on days when you don't have an exam!

I had english and legal on the same day, followed by the modules the next day so it was pretty intense - but still manageable

after all my tests i had to watch tv or go to sleep to get rid of all that information LOL seriously your brain won't be able to take all the stress and info unless you complement your studies with rest :) (well unless you're used to it then by all means study hardcore)

good luck!

ssylva

HSC
for english: break it down into themes, characters and quotes. i usually just do a mind map, its the most effective way for me. keep writing them out and use the cover and check method until you can nail each quote word for word. forget about memorising the body of the essay but as for the intro and conclusion, i usually memorise the opening and closing lines and the main gist of it. i also have english paper 1 on monday :(

mangoz

HSC
record yourself saying your essays and listen to them.

write your essays out as much as you can, and try to rewrite quotes over and over again until u get it drilled in.

i tend to not care about memorising about intro or conclusion since u need to address a different question (most likely) on the exam day. so that's leaves you with more time to concentrate on quotes, techniques and topic sentences.

hope that helps! and good luck, we have english on the same time ahah
I sort of disagree with your introduction statement. I agree with the don't bother memorising conclusion but memorising an introduction seriously helps you start your essay. If you have a good thesis you should be able to integrate it with the question, swapping the words from the questions with your original thesis. Seriously staring midspace thinking of an intro isn't a great idea and also trying to do an intro as quickly as possible will lead to an unsophisticated answer which will probably lose that halo effect you're trying to gain throughout your essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)