Do you have to go to the uni to accept your offer?? (1 Viewer)

mercho

B. Of Leisure & Pleasure
HSC
Hi,
Just wondering is there any otherway to accept your offer other than going to the uni. This is because i live around 6hrs away. By the way i am not doing a distance ed course..
Thanks

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You can accept the offer via proxy, but you must enrol in person.

In the event of someone else helping you accept your offer is done by a proxy. You should get more information when you receive your offer.
Contact Undergraduate Studies: 9850 7314

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I suggest you write a list of things to do at uni like forms to fill out and what questions to ask before you go to enrol cause it is such a pain if your 6 hours away and only come in for something that will take 10 minutes.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its accepting the offer, not enrol....

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Shit!!! I'm not going to be in sydney when i have the enrol! This fricken sucks. Im already a mac student, have been for 2 years but just because i transfered through uac, i have to go into the uni! fuckity fuck. What do you do if you cant attend? Do you think it will be possible for them to make an exception or something?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
You don't have to come to uni to accept your offer.
Anyone can accept your offer; in fact, we're even accepting acceptances whor'e signed by anyone who's carrying the acceptance paperwork. It's not a binding contract of any sorts; it's just an indicator of interest allowing the uni to coordinate enrolment better for everyone.

If you would prefer to send it in, you can send it to;
Undergraduate Studies Section
Macquarie University
North Ryde, NSW, 2109

You need to enclose your acceptance slip (or something with all the details: your name and UAC Id number, the course you're interested in, the UAC course code and address), and write your address somewhere so that we can send you an information packet, with all the details you need between now and enrolment.

Please read all of the information pack to make your (and everyone elses') enrolment less painful.

But:
You DO have to come to uni -- IN PERSON -- to enrol.
...unless you get a power of attorney to allow someone else to do this -- there are HECs/other paperwork that you are required to fill out. If you need to get around this, go see a solicitor and get a power of attorney for someone to do it for you. There is an unadvertised late enrolment day for all of those people who won't be here on the day, but that incurs a $200 late fee, and you must write to Anthony Tse to ask for permission to come to this.

Call the undergraduate studies section for more info -- you might even talk to me (Steve)! :)

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*Transfers people to UG Studies* They can help you out :p

H?

buddy
HSC
Skittled - since you're an MQ insider (if you will) - I was just wondering - I'm enrolling in the BComm-accg this year and won't be here for the 10th Feb enrolment.

I have put in a request for CPS (TAFE student last few years), so does that mean that I enrol on the 20th instead of my assigned enrolment day?

Cheers mate

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
Sorry about my previous post... I was wrong... hence I deleted it to avoid confusion.

I went in today to accept my offer but am a 3rd yr accounting student.

So glad the uni has loop-holes:

I was originally told that I had to come in and enrol with the newbies, which ultimately means I miss out on all of the good classes for 300 level accounting and 200 level law. However, I have non-refundable flights out of Sydney during the enrollment period which meant that I also had to give someone power of attorney to sign and hand in the forms. I managed to pull a few strings to get the internal transfer pushed through more quickly, as if it were within the uni rather than through UAC. Fingers crossed it all works.

Also, you may be able to go and get the HECS form and sign off on it before the enrolment date if you can't be there, without getting power of attorney. However, someone still has to hand it in on the appropriate date. Although, they may not do it for 1st yrs as they still have to sort out your photo ID, signature, etc.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
H? said:
I have put in a request for CPS (TAFE student last few years), so does that mean that I enrol on the 20th instead of my assigned enrolment day?
Yep; 20th is right.

AsyLum said:
*Transfers people to UG Studies* They can help you out :p
Hahah.. which department are you working in now?

Smokin'Squirrel said:
I was originally told that I had to come in and enrol with the newbies, which ultimately means I miss out on all of the good classes for 300 level accounting and 200 level law. However, I have non-refundable flights out of Sydney during the enrollment period which meant that I also had to give someone power of attorney to sign and hand in the forms. I managed to pull a few strings to get the internal transfer pushed through more quickly, as if it were within the uni rather than through UAC. Fingers crossed it all works.
Out of curiosity...who'd you talk to to get that all approved?

Last edited:

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
Skittled said:
Out of curiosity...who'd you talk to to get that all approved?
Anthony Tsa and Mary Mcguinness… They said that they'd do their best to get it sorted out but I don't think that they plan to make a habit of it.

Although, there should be some sort of system in place to cater for students in my position, don't you think?

H?

buddy
HSC
Skittled said:
Yep; 20th is right.
Cheers mate.

One other question - when would we be notified (I'm assuming by mail) as to whether our CPS has been granted?

Thanks

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
H? said:
One other question - when would we be notified (I'm assuming by mail) as to whether our CPS has been granted?
To the best of my knowledge, I'm not sure that you do get confirmation... you'll definetly know when you come to enrolment and it all works out. :D

...as I seem to be saying a lot recently; if there's a problem, I'm sure someone'll quickly let you know ;)

H?

buddy
HSC
Skittled said:
To the best of my knowledge, I'm not sure that you do get confirmation... you'll definetly know when you come to enrolment and it all works out. :D

...as I seem to be saying a lot recently; if there's a problem, I'm sure someone'll quickly let you know ;)
Heh. Thanks for your help mate :)

Should make for an interesting morning then I guess.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Just because i have no clue when it comes to this shit, who should be my first point of call? I have no idea who to contact?

Also, does anyone know what the deal is with credit. I transfered through uac, but i still staying at mac, so do i have to apply for "credit for previous study" or will it go automatically since ive done the exact subjects ive been needing and ive done enough 100 and 200 level units to cover all the electives i'll need for my course.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
Just because i have no clue when it comes to this shit, who should be my first point of call? I have no idea who to contact?
Undergraduate Studies Section -- according to Asylum, it's 9850 7314. I should know, but I'm not entirely sure. Should be, but I just pick up the phones; don't bother with the number. ;)

*~Dazed~* said:
Also, does anyone know what the deal is with credit. I transfered through uac, but i still staying at mac, so do i have to apply for "credit for previous study" or will it go automatically since ive done the exact subjects ive been needing and ive done enough 100 and 200 level units to cover all the electives i'll need for my course.
These are MQ units you've already done? As in, you've transferred through UAC from a MQ degree to another MQ degree? I understand that they will be automatically recognised. (However, If you've transferred from another uni to MQ, then you'll have to apply for credit... but it doesn't sound like it's that, from your post)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah they'll automatically be credited towards your Gen Ed and Electives, and cores will be recognised if you've done them

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
That's great! That's for your help guys. 1 less thing to have to worry/think about because it would be too much effort for me to have to think about putting down/getting signed/whatever you have to do a whole years worth of core and 2 years worth of electives.

Now to deal with the me not being here situation. not looking forward to it.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
The person who answered the phone in the undergraduate section was the biggest fuck. She was so unwilling to help, hardly gave me any info, was 'unsure' of some of the things and said that i should write a letter about some crap 'just in case' and couldnt provide me any set facts. Yeah its the morning but geez you dont have to sound like you are completely disinterested and dont care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)