• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you have to go to the uni to accept your offer?? (1 Viewer)

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
Unfortunately, there's a lot of dead wood in the universities... "turn up and be paid"...

Maybe you should try getting on to the right person... i.e. do a search on the MQU website for the student support services or even the assistant registra.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
The person who answered the phone in the undergraduate section was the biggest fuck. She was so unwilling to help, hardly gave me any info, was 'unsure' of some of the things and said that i should write a letter about some crap 'just in case' and couldnt provide me any set facts. Yeah its the morning but geez you dont have to sound like you are completely disinterested and dont care.
Out of curiosity, did you get the name of the person you talked to?

I don't know if you've already mentioned this, but when do you get back? As I've said, you need to be here -- at the latest -- by the 24th February, for a late enrolment session. However, to attend this you need to write to Anthony Tse (the assistant registrar) and ask permission to come to that day. There is also a $200 late fee (which can, however, be waived for 'reasonable' reasons -- it seems being overseas is a 'reasonable' reason, fortunately).

If you can't get there by the 24th, you can get a power of attorney to enable someone else to fill out & sign your forms.

Alternatively, maybe -- as Smokin'Squirrel says, you might be able to organise something where the appropriate forms are signed already and someone comes in to hand them in, but that seems to be a rather special case...

Smokin'Squirrel said:
Unfortunately, there's a lot of dead wood in the universities... "turn up and be paid"...
Not just in universities, though -- a large number of employees are like that, in my opinion...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
are you doing the job with a black uni shirt?

if so i *might* have perhaps seen you on monday or the previous friday. on the path in the grassy area near C5C. you were with your missus (hope so, for your sake ;))

should i stalkCounter++?

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
don't worry.

i've seen you around too mate ;)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
redruM said:
are you doing the job with a black uni shirt?

if so i *might* have perhaps seen you on monday or the previous friday. on the path in the grassy area near C5C. you were with your missus (hope so, for your sake ;))

should i stalkCounter++?
Haha err... monday. Yeah, probably -- in the afternoon? I do quite a bit of walking, so I wouldn't be surprised if you saw me. Monday was the only day I was in my black shirt, so it'd have been monday.

StalkCounter++.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Skittled said:
Haha err... monday. Yeah, probably -- in the afternoon? I do quite a bit of walking, so I wouldn't be surprised if you saw me. Monday was the only day I was in my black shirt, so it'd have been monday.

StalkCounter++.
hahahahha
would have been the afternoon, i'm pretty sure.

yet another victim, no wait...2 :D

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Skittled said:
Out of curiosity, did you get the name of the person you talked to?

I don't know if you've already mentioned this, but when do you get back? As I've said, you need to be here -- at the latest -- by the 24th February, for a late enrolment session. However, to attend this you need to write to Anthony Tse (the assistant registrar) and ask permission to come to that day. There is also a $200 late fee (which can, however, be waived for 'reasonable' reasons -- it seems being overseas is a 'reasonable' reason, fortunately).

If you can't get there by the 24th, you can get a power of attorney to enable someone else to fill out & sign your forms.

Alternatively, maybe -- as Smokin'Squirrel says, you might be able to organise something where the appropriate forms are signed already and someone comes in to hand them in, but that seems to be a rather special case...
I did remember the name, but now i have forgotten unfortunately.

She did say about the 24th and about writing to the anthony guy but she never mentioned a $200 late fee! For shits sake! Thats ridiculous.
I wont be overseas, ill be in another state, only for a week though so ill be back before the 24th (which sucks majorly because it means i am not guaranteed a spot in my classes) i hope thats a legit enough reason. OR can i say its overseas or do i have to provide proof?

Also can i send him an email? The lady said it had to be a letter, but the letter wont get to him in time for me to hear back because i leave next tuesday.

What do you recommend if you were in my position... write to anthony and come in on 24th? Or do the power of attorny thing?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions but you are much more help :D

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
I did remember the name, but now i have forgotten unfortunately.

She did say about the 24th and about writing to the anthony guy but she never mentioned a $200 late fee! For shits sake! Thats ridiculous.
I wont be overseas, ill be in another state, only for a week though so ill be back before the 24th (which sucks majorly because it means i am not guaranteed a spot in my classes) i hope thats a legit enough reason. OR can i say its overseas or do i have to provide proof?

Also can i send him an email? The lady said it had to be a letter, but the letter wont get to him in time for me to hear back because i leave next tuesday.

What do you recommend if you were in my position... write to anthony and come in on 24th? Or do the power of attorny thing?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions but you are much more help :D
First off, let me just reconfirm -- you're a new student, right? (If you're not, and you've missed online enrolment, you can do it again until/on the 13th Feb).

If I were in your position, I'd just email him (she said letter becuase it has to be in writing, but email is fine) -- anthony.tse@mq.edu.au I believe -- with the details, and ask permission to come along. explain that you're interstate on x date, and will return on x date. Say it was organised way before you got notice of enrolment days, and can't change anything, and whether he can please waive the late enrolment fee as a result. (I get the impression travel in general is fine; just be polite etc. I don't see why he wouldn't... No gaurantees, but give it a go. )

He should get back to you soon enough. If he's an ass about it, go the power of attorney thing.

No probs for the help! :)

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
She's a 3rd year, transferring, same year as us chief :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)