do you like being given stimulus (1 Viewer)

nousernameleft

HSC
i find the stimuli given is often very cliche

how strictly do you have to adhere to the stimulus?

what advice do your teachers give when it comes to morphing your story?

bmfirkin

HSC
sometimes you will b given a picture or an opening sentence and u have to progress from those. Both of which i think are restricting us to develop our own ideas.

but this year they gave us 3 topics we hav to include somewhere.
• Fashion trends can heavily influence the acceptable standards of society. (something along those lines)
• Self esteem allows a person to more confidently belong.
• A desire to not adhere to conventions creates its own sense of belonging. (all i could think was the whole 'emo' debate.... lol....)

but yeah. i believe if u are given stimuli then it should b very vague, and allow for free expression on a particular subject.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
As long as you give a broad reference to the stimuli you should be fine. Do it in a similar way that you would reference belonging. Essentially, you do it implicitly as much as possible. Try not to spend to much time on referencing the stimulus; generally a brief mention is easily sufficient.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I think that having a stimulus is annoying.
For the half-yearly, I'd already written up a draft which I'd pretty much memorised, then I saw the stimuli and they really threw me off balance, and I had to change certain aspects of the story and everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)