• Yes

Votes: 329 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 142 30.1%

• Total voters

X-terc

HSC
N/A
hate it with passion. But i still wanna do well in it. Bloody asian parents. HAHAH I kid.

studentcheese

HSC
I only like Maths because it's my best subject. Other than that, I do not enjoy it at all. History is better :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
cookie.banana said:
you guys fucking kidding me...?
i hate maths!
So do I cookie.banana, but as I'm not forced to do it next year I'm just going to put some effort into the SC so I get a band five and everything shall be awesome.

bored of sc

HSC
Maths is great. It's the only subject in which the material to study is clear cut and logical. There is no fluff. It's a case of question, method(s), solution(s). Also, if you are burnt out it I assure you it is the subject you'll be able to bounce back into study mode with.

tannyz

HSC
once you get the concept and pratise it's easy to ace maths(basing on 2 and 3 unit) english however...if your marker doesn't agree with you then it's byebye full marks and hello pissed off time. In maths it's either you're right or wrong. English depends on marker. So i say MATHS > ENG

PeaceDrummer

HSC
Yes. I found I am now, because when you compare it to English or Soc & C it is easy. There is only one answer for each question, but for say English there is no right or wrong answer.. You have to think real deep and connect heaps of things to eachother.

Also I have been revising a lot of it lately. And therefore am understanding it, not like last year.. Never studied for Maths once

Whooo.

Hahaha! That is true.. How CAN you trip over a flag pole? How embarrassing.

Schoey93

HSC
Re: 回复: Do you like maths?

I voted 'no'. I like the practical maths topics, like 'Consumer Arithmetic'. One of the things we did for this topic was look at how to calculate best buys. That's a skill you can use in real life. 'Probablity' is another interesting, somewhat practical topic I've studied. However, the majority of the maths topics we do (I do Stage 5.3) aren't very practical. Skills learnt in the topics 'Indices and Surds', 'Equations, Inequations and Formulae', 'Coordinate Geometry' and 'Factorising Algebraic Expressions' generally cannot be applied to everyday situations.

I might do Mathematics General 2 for my HSC, as the skills you learn are useful, and the course is more of a challenge than Mathematics General 1.

HSC
hsb39 said:
If you don't like your teacher, you are naturally inclined to not like the subject as much.

And while it isn't an excuse, a bad teacher will most of the time make you perform worse.
totally agree.
past experience sadly :(

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

Schoey93 said:
I voted 'no'. I like the practical maths topics, like 'Consumer Arithmetic'. One of the things we did for this topic was look at how to calculate best buys. That's a skill you can use in real life. 'Probablity' is another interesting, somewhat practical topic I've studied. However, the majority of the maths topics we do (I do Stage 5.3) aren't very practical. Skills learnt in the topics 'Indices and Surds', 'Equations, Inequations and Formulae', 'Coordinate Geometry' and 'Factorising Algebraic Expressions' generally cannot be applied to everyday situations.

I might do Mathematics General 2 for my HSC, as the skills you learn are useful, and the course is more of a challenge than Mathematics General 1.
My my, the cluelessness of a high school student who does not realise the power of mathematics.

Schoey93

HSC

tommykins said:
My my, the cluelessness of a high school student who does not realise the power of mathematics.
Please explain.

Also, I noticed that you did not put 'Indices' in bold. Does that mean you agree with mean that the skills learnt in this topic cannot be applied to everyday life?

dp624

HSC

Lol maths is an awesome subject. easy to get lots of aggregates in it.

plus very logical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)