Do you like maths?

• Yes

Votes: 329 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 142 30.1%

• Total voters

m.jakaran

HSC
At Cambridge university the mathematics faculty come under art and not science.

tku336

HSC
not particularly, but thats as a result of having it forcefed for so many years. im sure i'll actually get to like it once i stop having to learn it.

Dumbledore

HSC
people in the "math>apprecieating beauty and elegance"forum would generally go more towards the yes

Bek93

HSC
Definitely not. I do it, but i do not like it at all.
I can't believe more people like it then those that don't. In my year at my school I don't think anyone likes maths. There are those that are good at it but they don't enjoy it.

oly1991

HSC
More people like it than those who don't because this is a maths forum!
it does not mean that people in this forum like math...most people post in this forum to look for solutions to problems. However, i like math :)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on the type of maths - I find some are more interesting than others (ie calculus over trig).

Although...isn't the poll a little biased, seeing as it's under "Appreciating the Beauty and Elegance (extracurricular topics)" of maths?

guesswho_paul

HSC
maths is shit.
if we liked maths we'd be stupid enough to make an "I love maths" thread, but we dont.

/thread.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
No i don't like it. Whoever studies the most and most efficiently comes first, i guess that is a reward for hard work, but we also need lives. :)

shaon0

HSC
No i don't like it. Whoever studies the most and most efficiently comes first, i guess that is a reward for hard work, but we also need lives. :)
lol. English is about whoever can make up random bs in an exam is the best.

LordPc

HSC
lol. English is about whoever can make up random bs in an exam is the best.
pffff. as if.

I think you meant to say

"English is about whoever can make up random but relavent bs in an exam is the best."

and maths is cool. high school maths is pretty boring, all you are really taught is application of stuff. things like Newtons method for approximating roots is about as close you get to something interesting.

but there are some really interesting things in maths like the fibonacci sequence

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Whoever studies the most and most efficiently comes first, i guess that is a reward for hard work, but we also need lives. :)
I did very little study compared to my year 12 friend for the HSC Mathematics half yearly, and i came 1st and he came 10th.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
isnt the 2u course just pure application? so if you know the formula required, you should be fine
perhaps, but the point im trying to make is that it is not necessarily true that who ever studies the most comes first.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Depends on the type of maths - I find some are more interesting than others (ie calculus over trig).
Hm, ye you are right.

Although...isn't the poll a little biased, seeing as it's under "Appreciating the Beauty and Elegance (extracurricular topics)" of maths?
Yes, it is extremely biased. However, I didn't intend for it to be like that as this thread was originally posted in HSC discussion forum. I think some moderators thought it would be better if this was in the "Appercaite the beauty and elegance" (maths forum)...which is not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)