Do you lose marks for having 2 related texts? (1 Viewer)

tonyharrison

HSC
Imagine the marking scheme:

13-15 : Used one related text
10-12 : Used two related texts

:p

Also, people need to chill. It's not like you can do anything now. Just make sure you read the question for Paper 2 *dies*

Oh, and my english teacher said you wouldn't lose marks.

.N.

HSC
yea agree with above.
You probably won't lose marks for doing two relates texts. I accidently did that in one of the modules for the cssa trial paper... don't think I lost marks for it, so don't worry too much.

Avoodibaba

HSC
Idiots, some of you will fail your exams if you don't read or do the question properly.

Section 1: Pretty easy, though some of the sources were too long.
You preach to us to read the question then complain that a source was too long to read?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
It's like, the issue has already been addressed a few pages back
And then this page is full of the same crap

tonyharrison

HSC
Haha one year it was "use a RANGE of related texts"

People took that as 2, but it was 3 and you lost marks if you didn't do it.

Ahhh they do like to just screw you around don't they.

wonnny

HSC
people most likely won't lose marks because
1) seems like a lot of people either misread/ignored the "ONE other related"
2) hsc is positive marking
3) rubric says "ways in which perceptions of this concept are shaped in and through a variety of texts"

see that? VARIETY. not a pair
arghh, pissed at myself cause i read it as ONE or more. damn
ah well my second related will pron get ignored, and im fine by that - it was short, comparatively worse and i rushed it :)

cassiecocaine

HSC
Honestly, I'm seeing a 50/50 split of those that did one related and those that two. Are the BoS happy about that? Haha...

HSC
Uni Grad
I didnt even look at that. I just saw the understanding nurtures and not understanding prevents and wrote. Just took two as standard as it always had been.

absorber

HSC
English isn't about giving some prepped essay, it's about thinking about the texts and writing on the spot. I can't see you being marked down, but you were wasting your time

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i honestly wonder if previous years were as much whingers about the hsc as 09ers were.

qq'ing about not being told it could be one text.

WHOS FAULT YOU HAD A PREPARED ESSAY?
WHOS FAULT YOU CAN'T READ?

OH YEAH, yours and yours alone.

Love school

HSC
man how many people made this mistake holy shit

i thought bos was gonnna make it easier this year with the question but didnt think they would be like BOOOM one related text :argue: soo all our essays got like 300 words choooooped off :chainsaw:

4theHSC

HSC
man seriously bos,,, PISS OFF... we learnt 2 in school, everyone in my class except for one person did 2 related texts... wtf was I supposed to do cut off 300 words off my essay? piss off!!

HSC
Uni Grad
Ill take full responsibility for reading phail but i think this caught more than prepared/memorised essay people. Even the on the spotters may not have read or incorrectly interpreted this.

jasondf

HSC
My friend said that there supervisors called up the BOS during the exam to ask if it was meant to be "atleast ONE" but the reply was they had to do it how they interpreted it.
Does anyone know if it said "only ONE". If not then I'm hoping that they allow the interpretation of atleat one.

O well, what is done is done...

absorber

HSC
If you could do two texts, and you knew them well enough to make credible analytical statements, then you should've had enough to run on one related. It's pretty shocking how many people don't read the questions, jeeeeeeeez. Shows a lack of preparation, heheh...

4theHSC

HSC
pfft well I can't imagine anyone not coming in with a prepared essay.. I mean its not a prepared essay, just learnt the texts for my prescribed and related,, and I balanced it out,, if its only one than the whole structure is screwed over

La Bomba

HSC
plan and simple. the question said one. when did that mean two? develop your common sense please.

Blobulator

HSC
I didnt memorise an essay nor did I practise them, I read the q and wrote an answer. My fault for not noticing the 1 text part.
This. I knew points to make and quotes, etc, but I didn't memorise an essay. I can adapt to a question fine. It was more just my own fault that I leapt straight to the quote because I assumed it would ask for two relateds like every other assessment on belonging I'd done thus far. *sigh* I'm just disappointed that I had plenty of extra knowledge I could've used to sustain 2 texts, rather than cutting a bit of that to have time for the 3. At least my rank is good so the mark'll average out a bit with someone else's...

cassiecocaine

HSC
i honestly wonder if previous years were as much whingers about the hsc as 09ers were.

qq'ing about not being told it could be one text.

WHOS FAULT YOU HAD A PREPARED ESSAY?
WHOS FAULT YOU CAN'T READ?

OH YEAH, yours and yours alone.
Feeling shitty enough, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)