Do you play the guitar? (1 Viewer)

brentosbreezer

Learn Guitar Strategy

Argh...

I want to get good. fast.

Those of you who reckon you're good... what did it take for you ppl to really progress well?

Better off learning myself? or getting a tutor? [if anyone can recommend where to find tutors? I live in Hornsby area] ........... or even both.

adsta

HSC
brentosbreezer said:
Argh...

I want to get good. fast.

Those of you who reckon you're good... what did it take for you ppl to really progress well?

Better off learning myself? or getting a tutor? [if anyone can recommend where to find tutors? I live in Hornsby area] ........... or even both.
I personally think having a guitar teacher is a good idea (cause i am one lol). Even if it is for a couple months, just so you can develop your playing style and get you started. But at the end of the day, it's up to you how good you want to get. The more you practise, the better you will get. And by practise I mean not just playing songs, but scales. I cannot stress enough how important scales are. Everything in music is based on scales, and once you understand them, you can learn how to play chords, make songs and what not. Scales develop your right and left hand skills which is the main thing you are concerned with in guitar.

As for recommending a tutor, I don't know anyone personally around that area, so I can't help you there.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i started out by going to a community college class. its very cheap and you learn the absics with a fully qualified teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)