Do you play the guitar? (1 Viewer)

Thomas_wow

flea yeah. stu ham is good. primus bassist is good (can never remember his name). the rammstein guy for making seemann is a legend. apart from that my bass knowledge is limited.

paul mccartny (spelling) for being the first real bassist and not just the guy who couldnt play the guitar so they stuck him on bass

fingolfin101

Yeah I play guitar and have been for like 4 and a half years. I played Piano until 5th grade so that was handy with sight reading and theory and stuff... But guitar I play alt country sort of licks and the only thing i'd say i'm 'fluent in' would be alternating picking and slide... But for year 12 prac one of the songs i'm doing, talking hands, is a very nice song. (hmm)
I suppose with guitar you go either spanish or blues...

D

ddm

yer, ive been playing for about 5 yrs. First song i learn was something shit.... happy birthday or sumthing. Lately ive been working on my soloing, major scale dorian, phyrygian etc and trying to get a band together...every1 else is shit lol

my guitars:

electric
1987 (i think) Ibanez Roadstar II Series
Replaced half of stock pickups with Dimazios
and rewired.
Grover tuners

Acoutstic:
Hohner Acoustic
flat body
(not gr8 to play but alright)

what equipment has every1 else got?

D

ddm

mcdickpants 2.5 said:
fender us telecaster
100 watt black face fender amp
electroharmonix hottubes (original, not reissue)
marshall shredmaster.
v nice
that would make some seriously loud sounds

anyone else care to post their gear?

iwannarock

HSC
hmm may aswell post my gear.

-epiphone les paul classic plus completely stock

-30 year old unknown les paul copy. made in japan. Dimarzzio PAF classic in the neck and a Gibson P 94T in the bridge plus new tuners and bridge etc. its my main guitar i love it.

-a half sized valencia classical guitar which badly needs some new strings.

-dunlop crybaby wah 535Q

-roland cube 15

-marshall mg100 dfx

-zoom rhythm track 123 (does a drum machine count as gear :S)

im gonna start saving for either a marshall DSL 100 stack or if i win the lottery or something then a Mesa triple rectifier. both would be completely pointless for my situation but i just wanna annoy the neighbours.

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
G'evening. First post here, first time here actually. I've been playing the guitar for about seven years now. I originally started off with classical guitar lessons, but I stopped after a semester because my teacher wanted me to start playing more flamenco music, rather than my Metallica songs I adored. I stopped taking lessons and started to learn more on my own.

I own two electrics: 1) Ibanez S270 2) Epiphone Goth Flying V, and they're both damn awesome. I tend to keep the Ibanez for soft and melodic stuff, and the V...well, stage guitars are pretty much for rockin'. I have a shitty amp atm, a small 10-watt or something (don't know anything about watts or amp specifications) but I intend to get something good: hopefully a Mesa-Boogie, but it'll set me back quite a lot.

I most recently learned Bach's Prelude from the 1st Cello Suite (bmv 1007). It's a really fantastic piece, and it should rightfully be played on a classical rather than an electric, but that's how it goes.

HSC
i've been playing since year seven, but since i've only had a year of lessons i've pretty much taught myself and therefore am still quite shit despite the fact that i play a lot.

still have the same 3/4 acoustic guitar, it's beaten up but i love it - i have an electric as well, but i don't know, just don't like it as much .. less versatile.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I play a fair bit of electric bass and from time to time I dabble in guitar or mandolin.

Revolution

HSC
I've been learning the guitar at my local music tution place for 13 months. I own an acoustic Ibanez and a Fender Squier Stratocaster, and I can play quite a few Led Zeppelin and Beatles songs (those are my two favourite bands, so that's what I've chosen their work...). Right now I'm looking into buying a Little '59 pickup for the bridge of my Strat so I can get a more bluesier tone, similar to Jimmy Page's Les Paul :D

Jase

HSC
one majestic day in the distant future i want a real stratocaster.. or even a cool semi-acoustic electric gibson.

i only like guitars because they look cool...

G

Gavvvvvin

I finally got my bass yesterday :D So much more fun to play than guitar.

tempco

HSC
Where do you guys get your guitars/basses from? I'm interested in buying my first bass guitar, but I'm have no clue when it comes to reputable/good value guitar shops :/

cool boy 371

Banned
HSC
hey how r ya, im guessing u no who i am already

im part of a band in the hills/hornsby district of sydney........im the lead singer, we also have two great guitarists and a keyboard player

we're currently auditioning for a drummer and a bassist - you have to be dedicated and able to rehearse on fridays

if you think you have what it takes to make it big, audition by all means..........we're looking to make it big, and im currently setting up gigs for us to play at uni's to start off with, and we are in the process of getting stuff ready 4 the recording studio too

we write our own material, and also cover some old favourites such as my sharona, house of the rising sun & better be home soon, to name a few of the old pub favourites

the music that we write comes from a wide range of musical taste, and im sure that you will bring in your own style, and the injection of new talent with our keyboard player has been a real boost to the band, so im confident that your musical tastes will be a bonus to us as a group too

so as i said, the bands and music that we all like are varied, so i will name all the ones that come to mind ----- Michael Jackson, Matchbox 20, Radio Head, Cold Chisel, Dream Theatre, AC/DC, Tool, Radiohead, Robbie Williams, John Butler trio, Cat Empire, Ronan Keating, Dream Theater, Portishead, Massive Attack, Thievery Corporation, Bob Marley, Neil Diamond, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Bryan Adams, Dick Dale, The Music, Little Birdy, Jeff Buckley, Nick Drake, Pink Floyd.........i mean the list goes on

if you're interested in trying out, email me or add me on msn, mattycoss@hotmail.com

i watched robbie williams live at the knebworth and saw the crowd --- 200, 000 people

we quite possibly will never reach that capacity, to be realistic...............but we are all extremely talented musicians if i say so myself, dedicated, and passionate

but the main thing is we figure we're young, and want to give it a crack.........you only live once, and this is our dream - im gathering you feel the same way

im not sure how u'd describe my voice, its a good one but apparently haha........been cast as the lead in school musicals and stuff, wen competing against other high quality singers.......i have a deepish voice i guess you could say, but i also have a pretty big range so yeah

we have an awesome keyboard player, does mad fills and stuff................and 2 blokes on guitar, who are really talented - they've had their heart set on it for ages, and been fine tuning their skills for a good 5 or 6 years now........they play both electric and accoustic guitar

if you're a bloke or a chick try out.......if you're anything else then i'd prefer it if you'd look elsewhere... haha

hope to hear from you soon

cya

matt

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)