• Weekly

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Daily

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theKingPin

HSC
Hi, I'm in year 9 and my parents say video games are a waste of time:angryfire:. But do you play? :headbang:If so what games?

Last edited:

theKingPin

HSC
That's what I say but they say that I must start working for hsc now if I wish to peruse my dream (going to do computer science in usa)

theKingPin

HSC
Australian unis do not have good computer science courses (atar of 85~) and the degree has low value. I develop apps for iOS and Australia just doesn't have companies who employ app dev's. So I would go to the U.S. and they would want students from only the best uni's. So I will have to go to a U.S. uni. That's the general reason.

FancyPenguin

HSC
Australian unis do not have good computer science courses (atar of 85~) and the degree has low value. I develop apps for iOS and Australia just doesn't have companies who employ app dev's. So I would go to the U.S. and they would want students from only the best uni's. So I will have to go to a U.S. uni. That's the general reason.
what uni are you aiming for?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
That's what I say but they say that I must start working for hsc now if I wish to peruse my dream (going to do computer science in usa)
It'd be easy to do that but then you'd have to pay for accommodation, the flight there, etc.

So your parents are right in saying that you should work hard because you can then get a 99.95 ATAR and get a scholarship that will cover all the costs

^Unless you're rich then I suggest you listen to your parents

theKingPin

HSC
M.I.T is part of options and they give aid to anyone who is accepted. Also trying for Yale etc. but will some gaming be bad? Like weekly 2 hr

astroman

HSC
OP u do realise that u can get a good degree from Australian uni's like UNSW comp sci and then get a job in america

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
idk gaming is on and off for me. If there was a monthly option i would take that lol. I just get into one website and then i get sucked into it for ages, but then i have work to do and im off and not interested for like 3 months. Then i rediscover how awesome it is and i repeat the cycle. Oh yeah, and old 80's games :D they're the best. anyone play them?? like monkey island, maniac mansion, day of the tentacle

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
idk gaming is on and off for me. If there was a monthly option i would take that lol. I just get into one website and then i get sucked into it for ages, but then i have work to do and im off and not interested for like 3 months. Then i rediscover how awesome it is and i repeat the cycle. Oh yeah, and old 80's games :D they're the best. anyone play them?? like monkey island, maniac mansion, day of the tentacle
One word. Weeeiirrd

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Waste of time...

Then again pretty much everything is...

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
i think he's referring to ur routine / "cycle".
idk gaming isnt such a bit part of my life that i continually play the games, and so if i get stuck on a level or something then i give up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)