Do you support a winner takes all society? (1 Viewer)

Do you support a winner takes all society?

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Life in Australia is about winning and losing; success and failure. Do you believe that we should be rewarding the mega rich get ahead by promoting a winner takes all society? Income inequality in Australia is predicted to grow according to Access Economics to the worst ever in Australia. Both the ALP and the Liberal party have promoted the idea of a winner takes all society/ incentive society to promote workforce participation and productivity. Do you belief in fairness and economic justice for the vulnerable Australians? Do you support higher taxes to promote economic justice? Or are you a “winner takes all society” supporter who doesn't give a rat’s ass about the poor. Do you believe we should balance the federal budget on the backs of the nation's poor? Do you want Disability Support Pensioners to be homeless? Do you support a millionaires tax cut? Do you want disadvantaged Australians to get left behind? I encourage you to join in the conversation.

Last edited:

Tasteless

HSC
'economic justice' is in no way congruent with taking from the productive to distribute among the unproductive

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
"winner takes all society" in which the most people have a standard of living greater than the vast majority of people in the world

bhsrepresent

HSC
Economic freedom is not a zero sum game or "winner takes all" at all. Both parties benefit from voluntary trade; if the rich use their riches to create high quality, low-cost consumer goods, the poor benefit tremendously in material terms even if broader inequality is on the rise.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Economic freedom is not a zero sum game or "winner takes all" at all. Both parties benefit from voluntary trade; if the rich use their riches to create high quality, low-cost consumer goods, the poor benefit tremendously in material terms even if broader inequality is on the rise.
Says you. What about the struggling Australians who can't afford housing and living on the streets. Do you think that they are benefiting materially from our dog eat dog world. How brain dead are you for not realizing that we live in a winner takes all society a la capitalism. This is where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I trust you don't plan on doing a Degree in Economics at the University of Sydney.

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Says you. What about the struggling Australians who can't afford housing and living on the streets. Do you think that they are benefiting materially from our dog eat dog world. How brain dead are you for not realizing that we live in a winner takes all society a la capitalism. This is where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I trust you don't plan on doing a Degree in Economics at the University of Sydney.
"I am a Bachelor of Business student at UTS. UTS is a top five per cent business school in the world. I have achieved an average mark of 50.3 per cent in Bachelor of Business."

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
"I am a Bachelor of Business student at UTS. UTS is a top five per cent business school in the world. I have achieved an average mark of 50.3 per cent in Bachelor of Business."
"UTS Law is a top one per cent law school in the world. Others have described me as "the foremost sage of our era""

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Tony Abbott' s radical welfare plan is toxic.
Source: Channel Ten.

The Abbott government is considering radical welfare laws to promote workforce participation and productivity. Tony Abbott wants to force people on Disability Support Pension who have a mental illness onto the Newstart Allowance. This is just like Julia Gillard who forced single parent pensioners onto Newsart Allowance. Tony Abbott claims that there are too many people on welfare and that this issue is a national emergency. Tony Abbott deserves to be pilloried for his cruel and inhumane policies which will destroy peoples lives. You got to work on the premise that Tony Abbott is a fruit loop who doesn't give a rat's ass about the disadvantaged people in Australia. When you bar them, you bar them. And you gotta bar Tony Abbott the most dangerous Liberal Prime Minister in Australian history. Get rid of this Liberal mob!

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not a crime to be successful... but, if the means you choose to gain success are questionable and immoral; then you're a cunt...

"UTS Law is a top one per cent law school in the world. Others have described me as "the foremost sage of our era""
the cunts not even studying law... his studying business... and UTS law is shit... compared to Melbourne Uni, USYD, ANU, etc...

bhsrepresent

HSC
You clearly have no basic conception of economics if you don't understand the fundamental benefits of free trade, or capitalism (oh yes I said that dirty word!). Not to be confused with corporatism where the government gives big business a hand and CHOOSES winners [pretty much the current global economy], capitalism does not hurt the poor - it's quite the contrary my economically illiterate friend!

And I actually do plan on studying law/economics at usyd.

bhsrepresent

HSC
Let me put it this way - in real material terms - who benefited most when the microwave was invented? When, like the microwave, capitalism produces an item that reduces the labor required to perform basic tasks at home?

A computer is pretty much a given in every household - so are mobile phones, televisions - really, I could go on forever.

Point is, innovation, competing firms and that dirty word, 'capitalism', are what have radically improved human welfare, ESPECIALLY in the Western world.

If you want to keep the lower class from moving into the middle class by trapping them in the confinement of welfarism and state solutions that, by the evidence, don't work, while destroying the entrepreneurship that could have continued to radically improve their real standards of living, YOU are a dog eats dog kind of person, not me.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
You clearly have no basic conception of economics if you don't understand the fundamental benefits of free trade, or capitalism (oh yes I said that dirty word!). Not to be confused with corporatism where the government gives big business a hand and CHOOSES winners [pretty much the current global economy], capitalism does not hurt the poor - it's quite the contrary my economically illiterate friend!

And I actually do plan on studying law/economics at usyd.
dont worry, hes studying business at UTS, a top 5% business school in the world.

Tasteless

HSC
Someone desperately needs to xxxpose sathius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)