Do You Support the Death Penalty? (1 Viewer)

Do u support the death penalty

• Total voters

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
drug dealers are no different from businessmen :)

zstar

HSC
N/A
I say bring it back.

The death penalty is an excellent deterrent to crime if applied properly.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
zstar said:
I say bring it back.

The death penalty is an excellent deterrent to crime if applied properly.
Dogg thar ain't any proof of that and in fact the proof be in the opposite what you say

HalcyonSky

HSC
i believe that torture and extreme humiliation would be far more effective than both jail and the death penalty

i havn't heard of those guys from guantanamo causing any shit lately

Last edited:

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
most of the people stuck in Guantanamo are just villagers or tourists.
using a policy of paying for prisoners is pretty retarded in countries that cant even enforce their own laws.

Communist Panda

HSC
The trouble with the death penalty is that occasionally innocent people get hanged & it is cheaper to let paedophiles rot in gaol then shoot them.

charlesdinio

HSC
The death penalty needs to be introduced for serious crimes - rape, murder etc. Putting these people in gaol is more than they deserve. Todays gaols are too soft in that often a phaedophile will be put away from the general populace so he doesn't get the shit kicked through him. Either put him in with the normal prison house, or give him capital punishment.

However, USA has the right idea in keeping it, their refusal is in relation to paragraph 37a, something to do with children and capital punishment, thats why they didn't ratify the CROC, bitches.

lionking1191

HSC
Communist Panda said:
The trouble with the death penalty is that occasionally innocent people get hanged & it is cheaper to let paedophiles rot in gaol then shoot them.
do you know how much it costs to keep someone in jail for a year?

charlesdinio

HSC
lionking1191 said:
do you know how much it costs to keep someone in jail for a year?
Depends on the level..

Minimum is $55k a year..

Maximum is something like $85k a year

Elephants

Banned
HSC
charlesdinio said:
Injection + legal procedures = $10 000 or so..

take the 10:)
Nah player, it actually costs about $250,000 to kill someone, and that isn't including the extra legal measures afforded to them such as extra avenues of appeal, reviews etc etc.

The death penalty is really expensive and the process is extremely drawn out.

lionking1191

HSC
charlesdinio said:
Injection + legal procedures = $10 000 or so..

take the 10:)
yeh, money that could be better spent on education programs BEFORE anyone commits whatever crimes that gets them free accomodation

charlesdinio

HSC
Elephants said:
Nah player, it actually costs about $250,000 to kill someone, and that isn't including the extra legal measures afforded to them such as extra avenues of appeal, reviews etc etc.

The death penalty is really expensive and the process is extremely drawn out.
haha yeah fair enough, 250 000 sounds accurate.

I've been reading up on legal since year 7, its ridiculously sad but i just love that shit.

I last read about this topic in about year 9, so forgive my stats lol.

Either way, 250k for life..

or 85 a year for presumably 25 years?

I would take the 250 anyday!

charlesdinio

HSC
lionking1191 said:
yeh, money that could be better spent on education programs BEFORE anyone commits whatever crimes that gets them free accomodation
Anomie theory - those who are neglected by society percieve fewer reasons to obey laws, they don't benefit.

to bring an entire family in line with society would cost ridiculous amounts. Plus, the people who deserve the death penalty make up such a tinyyyy amount that its not worth trying to change them, especially if they are mentally corrupt

Elephants

Banned
HSC
charlesdinio said:
haha yeah fair enough, 250 000 sounds accurate.

I've been reading up on legal since year 7, its ridiculously sad but i just love that shit.

I last read about this topic in about year 9, so forgive my stats lol.

Either way, 250k for life..

or 85 a year for presumably 25 years?

I would take the 250 anyday!
Yeah, I also love reading up on legal stuff! It's all well interesting.

But still, capital punishment doesn't have any real merits except for getting rid of the offender. It doesn't act as a deterrent, and it doesn't really stop future offenders.

Just have a look at stats from the US and you'll see just how ineffective it really is.

charlesdinio

HSC
Elephants said:
Yeah, I also love reading up on legal stuff! It's all well interesting.

But still, capital punishment doesn't have any real merits except for getting rid of the offender. It doesn't act as a deterrent, and it doesn't really stop future offenders.

Just have a look at stats from the US and you'll see just how ineffective it really is.
Lol yeah, the US made some amendment to their capital punishment laws one year, don't quote me on it, but yeah.. and it reduced the amount of murders by about 0.003%, was just coincidently less than the previous year.

I know it doesn't serve to be effective, but someone who is capable of committing such a crime is obviously no chance of being rehabilitated, they are an expenss to society who ultimately pay for them to be alive through tax, and they are a mental burden to any of the victims associates.

Killing them would make everyone happy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)