Do you support the use of Torture ? (1 Viewer)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I just had a glance at the website. Most bigoted bunch of despots I have ever seen. Every single forum is full of people talking about how much they hate non-Christian, non-White people. There was one titled something like "How did that (insert racist metonym) become President!!!??". I mean, come on people. Really.

pman

Banned
HSC
i am most definatly against any racist organisation, having said that, i am more likely to ask a white out than any other race, but thats cos i find them more attractive

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
i am most definatly against any racist organisation, having said that, i am more likely to ask a white out than any other race, but thats cos i find them more attractive
Ok, but that's not racist. It is, however, a little off topic.
... What's the topic again? Oh Right, torture. I'm against it...

predator4294

HSC
Torture is acceptable i guess if used for the right reasons.
It usually isnt used for the right reason's so yeah...
Its abused to much in my opinion.

ablle

HSC
N/A
The right reasons being what? You disagree with me therefore torture is k! We think you have information we need therefore torture is k! Woops no you don't oh well.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
When is it ever?, it costs alot more to maintain jails, and provide food to continue their worthless existance.
Prosecution and appeal after appeal after appeal.
Feeding someone and housing them in a gaol might cost x amount a year, quite possibly more than you would expect, but prosecuting a case for the death penalty right to the end (at which point, you stand a chance of not even getting that sentence) can cost millions and millions of the public's money.
The figures are disputed but it's difficult to say conclusively that it's cheaper to simply execute someone than to gaol them for life.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Torture is acceptable i guess if used for the right reasons.
It usually isnt used for the right reason's so yeah...
Its abused to much in my opinion.
Reasons for what?
I was tortured and the whole time I was telling the truth.
That bastard had a few shots at my comrades refusing to acknowledge the truth.
Although it seems like saying 'hello' it is still abuse.

walkahz

HSC
Tourture is ok as long as only muslims are being tourtured. We all know they cause all the worlds problems:burn:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
So that fat CIA pegleg cunt asked "WHERE IS THE LEGACY?".
How the fuck am I supposed to know?
The CIA bastards took it and who knows where the rest of it went during the Cold War?

pman

Banned
HSC
If we are going to torture them, just make them do the bike race I do every sat, everyone agrees thats torture

zstar

HSC
N/A
I don't get why people think torture is ok. I guess it's funny to most people but it turns people into monsters.

YouTube - Witness to War: Ichiro Koyama

This Japanese soldier was taught to torture to extract information out of his enemies, Some of these techniques are similar to water boarding.

pman

Banned
HSC
no one wants to be torture yet it happens, the people that order the torture do not understand what it does to both parties actually involved

pman

Banned
HSC
But the majority have no interst in hurting people, maybe if we only employ sadists as torturers it wont make any difference, which brings me to the point, do we have to prove they aren't a masochist first cos we wont get info out of someone if they enjoy what we are doing to them

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Opposed. Torture is unacceptable both as a means of punishment, and on utilitarian grounds (i.e. the extraction of information)

There is no well founded justification in my opinion.

The maintenance of human dignity is of far greater importance to the strength of society. This requires the observance of the interests of every individual which should not be sacrificed in any circumstances. Dignity should always prevail.

Last edited:

pman

Banned
HSC
Opposed. Torture is unacceptable both as a means of punishment, and on utilitarian grounds (i.e. the extraction of information)

There is no well founded justification in my opinion.

The maintenance of human dignity is of far greater importance to the strength of society. This requires the observance of the interests of every individual which should not be sacrificed in any circumstances. Dignity should always prevail.
You sound like a bloody lawyer

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Opposed. Torture is unacceptable both as a means of punishment,
Disagree. Can be equal to or worse than death penalty in many peoples minds as a source of disincentive.

and on utilitarian grounds (i.e. the extraction of information)
Agree.

Human dignity is a social construct, not an inalienable right. The people we're talking about torturing have shown themselves (beyond reasonable doubt) to be unwilling to take part and abide by the rules of our society. Why then should they be allowed the protection by the very society they abandonned and abused?

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
. Why then should they be allowed the protection by the very society they abandonned and abused?
Because I should like to think of ourselves as compassionate beings, above other species, that recognise the inherent value of human life.

It is this distinction which separates us from the neanderthal.

I disagree with your conception of rights. Rights are there to protect the general interests of the individual in order to maintain a semblance of humanity. It is in this context that human dignity should be inviolable.

Without these rights, we fall into the categories of less regarded species.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)