Do you support the use of Torture ? (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
Yet science has proven that the neaderthal where homo sapiens with Rickets (Vitamin D Deficiency), that is, they are no longer regarded as a seperate species

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Because I should like to think of ourselves as compassionate beings, above other species, that recognise the inherent value of human life.

It is this distinction which separates us from the neanderthal.
Actually the only thing that seperated us from them was that we were able to work in larger groups, which meant that we had a larger population and outbred them.

I disagree with your conception of rights. Rights are there to protect the general interests of the individual in order to maintain a semblance of humanity. It is in this context that human dignity should be inviolable.
But there is a difference between natural rights a social rights. The former is the natural state of humanity which some societies alter, like the right to freedom of which all men are born. Social rights are rights in a state of disagreement with nature, such as equality for all, despite the fact that humans aren't born equal.
Likewise, humans are not born with dignity, nor do any maintain it for their entire lives. So the "right" to dignity is in opposition to the natural order, and thus easily violated.

Without these rights, we fall into the categories of less regarded species.
I don't think that any species can be any less well regarded than us . No other animal violates the natural order as often or as much as we do.

Last edited:

pman

Banned
HSC
Actually the only thing that seperated us from them was that we were able to work in larger groups, which meant that we had a larger population and outbred them.

But there is a difference between natural rights a social rights. The former is the natural state of humanity which some societies alter, like the right to freedom of which all men are born. Social rights are rights in a state of disagreement with nature, such as equality for all, despite the fact that humans aren't born equal.
Likewise, humans are not born with dignity, nor do any maintain it for their entire lives. So the "right" to dignity is in opposition to the natural order, and thus easily violated.

I don't think that any species can be any less well regarded than us . No other animal violates the natural order as often or as much as we do.
We have been corrupted by our natures and so go against god and nature, this is shown through sex being used in advertising, theft, the need for punishment and the existance of this thread. On the otherhand, becouse we have gone against God, and do violate the natural order, torture is an unavoidable side effect but stiil, it should be avoided wherever possible.

HSC
We have been corrupted by our natures and so go against god and nature, this is shown through sex being used in advertising, theft, the need for punishment and the existance of this thread. On the otherhand, becouse we have gone against God, and do violate the natural order, torture is an unavoidable side effect but stiil, it should be avoided wherever possible.
LOL Iron 2.0

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lol at uncalled for religious rant.

pman

Banned
HSC
No, what I am saying is, even if god is just another name for nature, we go against it everyday, we do things that animals wouldn't even think of and are in many ways, below them!
Having said that, YES I AM A CHRISTIAN

HSC
if dat tortuere helps to get dem terrywrists to tell us where dey hide dem bomb, den we shuld torture dem towlies!

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
No, what I am saying is, even if god is just another name for nature, we go against it everyday, we do things that animals wouldn't even think of and are in many ways, below them!
Actually theft is perfectly natural, being the minds response to jealousy and need. You've never seen lions fighting over a carcass on the discovery channel?

pman

Banned
HSC
Don't have cable but I do get your point, I wont bring up monogamy (whoops just did) becouse most species aren't but lets look at rape, most species don't rape their females, they go through complex mating behaviour like we're supposed to, murder of your own species is quite rare in the animal kingdom except when newborns eat each other which is just natural selction (I'm confusing you now aren't I) but all in all, we sink to much lower acts than them!

HSC
You sound like a wahabbi Muslim.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I don't just support it.

I encourage and implore it

pman

Banned
HSC
Yes but that is your corrupt mind speaking, if everybody had so few morals, We would all be dead!

pman

Banned
HSC
Combat in the middle east, Terrorism, Ivan Milat, Guy who ate his sons eyes, need i say more

Sayf Udeen

HSC
Torture: Helping people hear what they want to hear, and by no means 'truth extraction'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)