Do you think people who go to USYD are snobs. (1 Viewer)

Do you think we a snobs?

• Yes

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 50 58.8%

• Total voters

LazyBoy

HSC
well ive hard the word snobs beeing used about the people going to USYD, especially from those in the university general forum. Do you agree or disagree with it?>

alien

HSC
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Espo15 again.
i'm no snob
lol

Lainee

HSC
USyd is like the James Ruse of unis.. in so many ways. :)

Honestly... it just depends on the selection of people you happen to come in contact with. It's got such a huge student population that no one's going to get to know everyone so really... no one's in the position to call the whole freaking huge university snobby. :rolleyes:

Lainee

HSC
Asquithian said:
Most people at usyd would be of the opinion that their uni is the bestest uni ever.
You mean most people you know from USyd... again... it's just the selection of people you know.

LazyBoy

HSC
Asquithian said:
Most people at usyd would be of the opinion that their uni is the bestest uni ever.
wouldnt that be the same of UNSW another prestigious university. same with UTS.

LazyBoy

HSC
are you tired? perhaps you might reread that sentence. Ive never seen people used as a verb.

tennille

HSC
LazyBoy said:
are you tired? perhaps you might reread that sentence. Ive never seen people used as a verb.
Hello? I'm trying to change nouns to verbs. :p

Fixed.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
somebody had to vote yes :( for no reason like always

i dont care for most ppl, but i know a few ppl who i would regard as snobs and choose usyd for that reason.

but i dont think usyd makes snobs out of ppl

LazyBoy

HSC
yeah, what i meant with those the unis with the higher UAI means its more competitive, therefore to get in there you would have to want to get in there. I think USYD has a great selection of subjects (for what im after anyway). I agree enrollment is shit, so is our card but thats not enough to say its a shit uni. And with the borrowing thing, you can always renew online. I think its a close tie between the two universities, and then it just goes down to univresity loyalties.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i've noticed many of teh comments against other unis by usyders arent very nice and therefore give off a snobbish image. i noticed this esp against uws and uncle

tennille

HSC
Katie123 said:
i've noticed many of teh comments against other unis by usyders arent very nice and therefore give off a snobbish image. i noticed this esp against uws and uncle
Yeah that's true. I've never bagged out UWS though, probably because I'm from the Western suburbs.

Lainee

HSC
Enrolment is only once a year. It was admittedly annoying having to wait in long lines just to get forms checked. Not everyone has the net though (even if that's hard for you to believe) but a lot of the people I know had to go to library to use the net for UNSW enrolment. I could be a dick and say that's elitism ;) if I weren't so shocked that they didn't have the net.

Lainee

HSC
Tennille said:
Yeah that's true. I've never bagged out UWS though, probably because I'm from the Western suburbs.
I kinda associate that with the people themselves - not what uni they go to.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Lainee said:
Enrolment is only once a year. It was admittedly annoying having to wait in long lines just to get forms checked. Not everyone has the net though (even if that's hard for you to believe) but a lot of the people I know had to go to library to use the net for UNSW enrolment. I could be a dick and say that's elitism ;) if I weren't so shocked that they didn't have the net.
Thats why you should've enrolled in Engineering :p it took longer to get a few signatures from science people then the rest of the enrollment process in Engineering.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i just think the stereotypical view is that because usyd is considered the best university in terms of prestige, it in turn attracts the private school kids who are snobs and have no idea

it isnt fair, but i hate snobs

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i cant tell whether i am a snob or not but i dont think everyone is snobby at usyd. i think usyd is *one of the best* nsw unis for science and thats why i am going. unsw wasnt an option really cause its too far for me to travel, mac isnt great for science and uws isnt that great from what i have heard either

tennille

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
i just think the stereotypical view is that because usyd is considered the best university in terms of prestige, it in turn attracts the private school kids who are snobs and have no idea

it isnt fair, but i hate snobs
I agree with both of your statements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)