Do you think the average Australian hates America/ns and if so why? (1 Viewer)

berghousemaa

HSC
Let's not get sidetracked talking about Abos. I only used them as an example to illustrate my point.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
It's probably because we think their population is ignorant about matters outside of their country. But who are we to say that? All we realy know is what the media tells us.

0Jade0

HSC
Excuse me but Alicia Molik didn't know what Brazil's coast line is on the Atlantic Ocean not the Pacific.... Does that mean all aussies are ignorant? no.

sorry if that seems a little sidetracked but she was on who wants to be a millionare

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Ever watched Jerry Springer? That show turns me off America so badly. I really don't like how American's are so freaking obese, loud, dumbass, skanky, inbred and tasteless.

They think that they have a god given right to be the sole power on the earth and expect everyone in the world to adopt their oversized, environment destroying, hummer driving and gun touting, donut eating, fat bastard lifestyle

[trent]

HSC
It's a common steryotype that americans are selfish, self-centred and stupid...and while this obviously isn't true for all americans, all steryotypes are based on some fact...

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
berghousemaa said:
I don't think the Earth is in much turmoil. Unless you count the tsunami, but I know there are some people that would argue that was America's fault too. Except for a frucas in Iraq and some more serious incidents in Africa thta have been ongoing ever since the Poms left everything is pretty stable

Europe, fine.
Nth Ireland is dying down
Russia, Chechyans are as active as they always were.
China,Japan,India are all doing pretty well.

It's all a lot better than during the cold war and the turmoil in Est Europe after communism collapsed.
The Earth is constantly in a state of panic now that the media has escilated the awareness of terrorism. What gives the country the right to go into Iraq unjustified defying the UN (i.e. the rest of the world). You can't possibly say that Americans acted in a fashion meeting the parallel best interests of the rest of the world surely. The earth is experiencing more havoc and political chaos in a long while.

sladehk

le random
HSC
I used to hate America & its citizens but now that I know quite a number of them, I find that they're not that much different to us except they tend to think us as half-cavemen(which we are :p). They're a decent lot but of course, there are always those who are the "black sheep of the flock."

0Jade0

HSC
supercharged said:
Ever watched Jerry Springer? That show turns me off America so badly. I really don't like how American's are so freaking obese, loud, dumbass, skanky, inbred and tasteless.
Jerry Springer isn't real....

waterfowl

HSC
0Jade0 said:
Jerry Springer isn't real....
Well obviously....but the thing is it's made for American audiences, so obviously they want to watch filth like that, one hopes too many of them don't relate to it!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Springer is real enough. He's actually a rather serious politician, and the people on his show MAY be exaggerating, but americans are sick enough that many of them would be authentic.

lallypop

HSC
Argonaut said:
Becuase they're arrogant gits who think that A) they are the greatest nation on Earth and B) because of this, they are allowed to do whatever they want - bomb who they don't like, interfere with whoever they want, etc - and expect us to all bow down beofre them for saving the world.
shit man, thats alittle too general there

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i used to share argonauts sentiments untill i moved to uni and now i live with around 200 seppo's... although their accents piss me off at times, i love my seppo mates and ive come to realise that its only the conservative fucks that match my pre conceived ideas of your average seppo
note well
seppo comes from septic tank which is cockney rhyming slang for yank

ahmad

HSC
N/A
i've got a American in my class room, and he is an IDIOT.
most of the australias hate him cuz of his attitude. (i dont mean to generalise)
also my teacher hates him, i recall my teacher saying to him "i always thought Americans had shit for brains but now u prooved it"

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i don't hate the average american, though i think some of tem are stupid, but that could just be the exaggeration of television producers.
i don't agree wit some of the american gov's actions
but i can understand why we are allies to them and we do what they want...

tempco

HSC
its the governments, not the people (most of the time anyway). gov of the us = high mighty "save the world from evil only we can stop". aus gov = yes we shall help the us in their crusade to "save the world from evil only the us can stop". uk is even worse than australia. jeez, blair *shudders*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)