Do You Think You'll Do A Postgraduate Degree? (1 Viewer)

Postgrad?

• Yes, I've got it pretty much planned

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • Maybe, Maybe Not...

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • No.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Sif I'm planning so soon

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters
HSC
Yeah I know. :( That's the reason why I'm reluctant to do a Philosophy major. Damn it, I'll do it anyway.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I think it's just hard to be a lecturer if your area of topic isn't "popular" such as law or science, I don't know.

I had a search yesterday, out of curiousity (and procrastination), and there were like 7 academic openings for Sydney Uni or something. I forget what fields though, but they pay substantially. Like hello 80-130K salaries :(

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
That's the reason why I'm reluctant to do a Philosophy major. Damn it, I'll do it anyway.
Philosophy does a great job of beefing up your analytical skills. That aside, I think it's worth it for the edification if you get a kick out of it. Of course, being a med student, I don't quite experience the full force of the employment issue.

To ur_inner_child: On the few occaisions when I think to do so I look at academic openings in the sat herald careers section. Some areas certainly seem more in demand than others (e.g. medicine/medical science, politics, and computing... from observation) but new stuff comes up regularly. I geuss the trouble is being qualified enough to snap something up once it appears. Those professorial pay packets are certainly nothing to snub your nose at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)