Do you write or type your notes? (1 Viewer)

miasa

HSC
N/A
I write my notes since I hate my computer but I know that a lot of people type their notes.
Also, how many sets of notes do you make? I have heard of people who rely solely on BOS notes but there seems to be those who make 3+ sets of notes (notes of notes of notes e.t.c.)

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
I hand write mine. Much easier for diagrams, plus I feel that I take it in more.
And I don't see the point of writing more than one set of notes, or using someone else's notes. Your notes should just be something you can skim over to remember the content that you put in your own words.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
type, I find it much easier to alter information and format it.
but I handwrite my math notes (using formula stuff on word is rage inducing)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I write my notes-but typing on computer has its advantage-because you can simplify your notes much easily and rearrange stuff-copy and paste, it is much more messy with writing-with all the arrows and stuff, gets confusing, and also, if you don't protect your notes, a water spill or some rain will destroy all your hard work. It doesn't really matter, for me, it was the process of writing that makes me remember, I don't read back over my notes, I summarise them every time I make new ones-mainly because my writing is illegible, Over time, you make many sets of notes-because it is essentially you are cutting down your original notes while incorporating new information that you found is relevant to the dot point but you didn't realise it before-it takes a long time to perfect notes-but it is worth it, but having said this, I don't recommend writing multiple sets of notes for English -most times they don't exactly help, writing essays and getting regular feedback is much more important

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
i used to hand write mine then I eventually typed them up

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Type them up.

If I have heaps of time and have learnt the notes well, summarise them further by hand writing. :)

timeflies

HSC
Personally I write all mine. Its a personal preference as I believe I learn much better that way.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
i have nfi what u mean by MAKING 3 sets of notes. do you mean how many sets of notes you use?
i personally hand write my notes using a textbook and 3-4 sets of notes

timeflies

HSC
i have nfi what u mean by MAKING 3 sets of notes. do you mean how many sets of notes you use?
i personally hand write my notes using a textbook and 3-4 sets of notes
I think they mean making notes and learning them and then a summarised version of those notes and then an even more summarised one.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
I think they mean making notes and learning them and then a summarised version of those notes and then an even more summarised one.
i'd consider making a summarized version of those notes but cbf with an even more summarized version

dim-sims

HSC
I write all my notes in class for all my subjects but when I get home I summarise it an type it out.

Then I (sometimes) re-write them again when studying for exams.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Make sure you don't fall into the trap of spending heaps of time writing notes and convincing yourself that it is 'study', without leaving yourself any time to actually go through them. Many many of my students have fallen for this.

You may have made the notes yourself, but that doesn't always mean you retain all of it!

kwu1

HSC
Make sure you don't fall into the trap of spending heaps of time writing notes and convincing yourself that it is 'study', without leaving yourself any time to actually go through them. Many many of my students have fallen for this.

You may have made the notes yourself, but that doesn't always mean you retain all of it!
Yeah I completely agree! Making pretty notes does not constitute complete preparation for exams. You need to find your own way of remembering your notes and putting the theory to practice with past exam papers.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I completely agree! Making pretty notes does not constitute complete preparation for exams. You need to find your own way of remembering your notes and putting the theory to practice with past exam papers.
Spamming past papers :)

Focus is Key

HSC

This is really important and I fell into this one a bit myself. Start making notes early so you actually have lots of time to re-read them.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Biology / Business Type

Everything else handwrite

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Personally, I type my notes.

However, I am going to start a 'notes journal' type thing this week (famous last words), making notes of important stuff in class then come back home and type them up & add to them. Need to thrash through a lot of notes these hols... get most done in advance then have more time doing past papers before HSC! Currently finding it hard to grind through all the work though... I think I'm gonna be up all night tonight...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)