Do you you need ext Math to do well?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, I'm just doing 2 unit maths, advanced english, biology,chemistry and econics and business.

Can I do well with that (like 90 +) or do I need extension math

Sorry for asking just it has really been bugging me cause im not allowed to do extension maths.

Just want to know if you guys think I can still do really well.

Thanks for all replys.

ShowStopper

HSC
99+ is still achievable depending on how well you go in each of your subjects.
Maths ext. would help Uni-wise depending on your course and has good scaling but you'll be right :)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Generally speaking, do the subjects that you're best at that the school offers, as that will usually get you your best possible ATAR/UAI. Don't stress too much over scaling, or the fact you can't do extension maths.

Doing difficult subjects like extension maths isn't really worth it if you're sacrificing the possibility of high marks other subjects, like business studies, with all the extra study load.

99+ is possible without any maths at all.

Last edited:

gavskiez

HSC
you definitely don't need ext maths to do well, its just a matter of how well you do in your subjects. I know a girl who got a UAI of 100 with general maths, and other "low-scaling" subjects like art, drama and society & culture.

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
Yeah. Fuck the scaling, fuck it with a sandpaper dildo. Scaling is only to equalise the subjects due to their different difficulties.

HSC
Yeah you don't need it, but it sucks you weren't allowed to take it. In the same year at my school two people got 99.95 - one who did 4 unit maths and the other did none at all. So ninety + is definitely possible with your subjects:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)