Doctors and Dentists (1 Viewer)

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
lol holy shit a communist my exact opposite. ac vs communism this thread is going to be fun XD

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
Silly Capitalists.

This is what happens when we don't have a communist state. But moreso, i think its just irresponsible (like always) of the government to create a situation like this...

But of course, its Labor. They forever will.

HSC
Uni Grad
I mean like the ones in hospitals who save other people's lives, not the ones in clinics who get patients with a cold.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
lol this is a state funded shit box of a system that isn't capitalism at all. its just another example of how the state can't run goods.

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
Yeah, somewhat. But still, intentionally racking 2 Billion is a bit of a joke.

And what government allows this to happen? One that allows friends of the labor party, to blow leaves out of parks, and get payed 50+k to do so. Mates look after mates it seems.

*And yes, the leafblower at the park across the road from me (Yaranabbe Park, Eastern Suburbs of Sydney), is payed something around the lines of 60 grand a year for his job, which he attends tuesday and sunday. :bomb:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
yet again another example of why capitalism is awesome and why government doesn't work?

Karlmarx

HSC
N/A
Thats not a job worth 60grand. Plus, have you seen the mulches that are just left on parks for weeks and weeks? It's to fool you into thinking council workers are actually doing something. They get payed for that too.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
yea....... i agree government supplied jobs are inefficient and as they are being paid above the market wage for basically no work. but of course the government doesn't have to worry about money and efficiency as it ether prints money or steals it from the citizens XD

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
yet again another example of why capitalism is awesome and why government doesn't work?
So we should abolish government and allow the Free Market to reign free?

I can probably find 1 million examples of why this is a REALLY FUCKING DUMB IDEA.

Now as someone who has a GP as a father, and who knows about this system, I would like to make a few observations and statements.

7 years of medical school, Interships that last for many years, constant training and retraining, constant reading, working LONG hours and then having to maintain legal paperwork... Many doctors, particularly GPs work harder than lawyers and Corporate big wigs.

Many people complain about Doctors over charging per appointment. What you have to remember is that for every 15 minute appointment there is 15 minutes of paperwork, 10 minutes of management... and then there are staff and nursing staff to be paid, equipment that is VERY expensive to be purchased (a half decent Stethoscope is over a hundred dollars and Otoscopes which are the things that look in ears start at over $1000), a building to maintain (including sterilised areas) and a multitude of other costs (like running servers and backups, with offsite backups as well and).

While my father isn't one, there are some Doctors I know of in smaller practices who after tax and costs are earning less than $60K a year. (which granted it actually still quite a lot, but not as much as you would think)

So not ALL Doctors are raking it in.

Unlike Mechanics... who are able to rake it in quite easily.

These Doctors, the ones who are raking it in, are the 5 minute medicine doctors, the ones who abuse the system the most. The Chronically Ill patient treatment thing was actually a good system. From my understanding the Royal College put out a notice about the issue with the system as a warning, so it is likely many of these doctors could be fined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)