does ANYBODY enjoy their text for english? (1 Viewer)

janna08

HSC
Personally, I loved Coleridge (except for Rime of the Ancient Mariner),Hamlet/R & G and Frontline is great. The only one I despised was Wuthering Heights - piece of crap. And I hate my eng ext 1 texts.

nrs1990

HSC
I'm relatively ambivilent towards most of my texts (although I passionately hate 'Antony and Cleopatra'...), but I really, really enjoyed 'The Real Inspector Hound' in English Extension 1. It was just... it made me laugh, and it was fun, and it was utterly insane, but in a good way. I really liked it.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
i hate dune and lotr with a passion, handmaid's tale is bearable.

with the exception of an imaginary life, i actually like all my adv texts (away, wordsworth, klear, frontline)

bawd

HSC
tahlsy31191 said:
I really really enjoyed 1984.
Although Hamlet and R+G was incredibly tedious.
Not a prescribed text for us, but loved 1984.

pinkcupcake24

HSC
N/A
does any1 know if i can do 4 institution and personal experience an episode of The O.C from the tv series... when ryan is put in jail, system because of his brother and protests against..probation and rules thereafter, has to adjust to a new life at the cohens in personal experience and his family abandoning him....plz help out >> what do u think?????

frogbutt

Ugliest Member
HSC
Brave New World was actually pretty good. And Blade RUnner kinda grows on you....

I HATE THE FIFTIETH GATE SOOOOOO MUCH ITS ABSOLUTE CRAP

but you're not supposed to enjoy the texts i guess.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
pinkcupcake24 said:
does any1 know if i can do 4 institution and personal experience an episode of The O.C from the tv series... when ryan is put in jail, system because of his brother and protests against..probation and rules thereafter, has to adjust to a new life at the cohens in personal experience and his family abandoning him....plz help out >> what do u think?????
You probably could (i'm not sure coz I havent seen it), but I wouldnt if I were you.

The OC is not exactly the most sophisticated text, so your response might be looked down upon in marking. Plus it doesnt seem like something that would have many techniques to talk about (but again, I havent seen it so wouldnt actually know)

I guess if worse comes to worse and you cant find anything else.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I am doing:
Skrzynecki for journey, i don't mind the poems but school has ruined them
RAW for institution: Ok book, again school ruined
the club: it is soo boring
Witness: boring i fell asleep the first time i tried to watch it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
pinkcupcake24 said:
umm no, i wouldn't

WinteRHeaRtS

HSC
Well I don't mind my text that much (Raw) but it doesn't grab my attention unlike the books the advance are reading (realised now I'm capable of doing advance >_>) wish I did T_T but yeah on topic I don't mind my book but it's not exactly that well not deep but words are too simple for me xD

Shan4curry

HSC
I've enjoyed reading Brave New World. Blade Runner's just...meh. I think that's maybe why I tend to put an extra 5% of discussion about BNW in my responses as opposed to BR. XD

King Lear wasn't too bad, either.

Frontline's pretty strange, but I suppose it really hits the nail on what the media's like. It's kinda made me a lot more skeptical towards the media now...is that bad? =P

...I won't say anything about Coleridge because I can't decide whether I like it or not.

HSC
No not at all!
i found all mine really boring either that or i didnt understand it
my texts are
- Cloud street
- Immigrant chronicles
- Front line
- Hamlet

wLym

HSC
My Place - a warm tingly feeling but no shibang
Emma - shudders....never again
Clueless - meh
King Lear - enjoyed this one =)
Birthday Letters - <3

Sharkeh

HSC
jackattack said:
I've liked most of the texts we've done in english over the years: What's Eating Gilbert Grape, American Beauty, Great Gatsby, Lord Of The Flies, Life Of Pi, The Princess Bride, most shakespeare (except a mid fucking summer's night's fucking dream, I maintai that he was on acid when he wrote that shit). I think the only books I really disliked in years 7-10 were "Enders Game" and "Wuthering Heights".

But I haaaaaate "My Place" and I haaaaaate "A History Of Reading" and they're really the only texts that matter hey :(
Giiiiiillllllbeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrttttttttt!!!!!!

Omg I hated that movie.

Back on topic, I don't mind most of my related texts

Michael Clayton was a tad confusing at first
Fight Club was just awesome
'Cash for Comments' isn't to be enjoyed or hated... It's just there
Anything Leunig is awesome
Emma can just go die... And take Harriet with her
Clueless.... Meh???
King Lear was awesome!

I think thats all of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)