does ANYBODY enjoy their text for english? (1 Viewer)

soylicious

HSC
everybody seems to be whingeing about their texts and how boring it is...

im reading 'only the heart' for physical journeys and im absoultely loving it

am i odd?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I enjoy my texts. It's jsut that when it gets to the period of re-reading it again and again in preparation for exams, it gets a tad tedious.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
the book im reading atm, i was dreading before i read it.
and now with less then 160 pages to go, i am loving it.

it's what you make it!

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
It really depends on the text - I really loved Frontline (who doesn't?) and quite enjoyed BNW but Yeats can go screw himself as far as I'm concerned.

shona1990

HSC
I loved Ros and Guil are Dead, Catch 22 and American Beauty, and quite enjoyed frontline..
So no, it's not strange. :)

j3nay08

HSC
Mind-Revolution said:
Brave New World is quite good, and my EE1 texts haven't been too bad so far.
So Brave New World does get better? =) I'm reading it for adv English too. I'm not very far through it, but i'm not really enjoying it.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
lOl i say english is the most complained about subject ever and yet we luv it sometimes as well eg when we get 2 watch a visual text like a movie i luv it. is that odd? lOl everyones different

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
I personally didn't hate the concept/ideas behind making us do English nor did I hate the texts (except for Yeats - don't get me started on Yeats). It was just the inconsistencies in the marking that gave me the shits and hence led to my hate of the subject.

maries

HSC
Im reading Cloudstreet, he said its the hardest novel in the HSC but its awesome cause its all about sex and the author full describes the sex scenes so i don't mind that much lol.

smackattack

Banned
HSC
I haven't liked a single English text, didn't even like frontline... although we watched this animated thing for imaginative journeys called "the mysterious explorations of jasper morello" or something and that was alright.

jackattack

HSC
N/A
I've liked most of the texts we've done in english over the years: What's Eating Gilbert Grape, American Beauty, Great Gatsby, Lord Of The Flies, Life Of Pi, The Princess Bride, most shakespeare (except a mid fucking summer's night's fucking dream, I maintai that he was on acid when he wrote that shit). I think the only books I really disliked in years 7-10 were "Enders Game" and "Wuthering Heights".

But I haaaaaate "My Place" and I haaaaaate "A History Of Reading" and they're really the only texts that matter hey :(

smackattack

Banned
HSC
my place reminds me of that horrid caption t shirt that's been getting around

"fuck myspace come to my place"

oh my

jackattack

HSC
N/A
they forgot to mention how coming to (my)s place will have you embark on a powerful and intense inner journey that will see you reconnect with your past, your heritage and in turn your inherent identity, the very identity that has been supressed by the internal and external influences surrounding your existance wooooo!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
My Place gets boring after a while. Though, my teacher does say that its one of the most easiest texts for inner journeys.

jackattack

HSC
N/A
It may be easy, but imo that just makes it worse. Boring, redundant and unstimulating. How absolutely riveting.

cs01001

HSC
Some of the texts for Advance isn't that bad. I love Frontline & The Tempest. It beats any other Shakesperean tragedy plays. Though I enjoy some of the texts, it doesnt mean I am good at English, lol

Yet to start BNW, and Gwen Harwood just sucks. :(

Kujah

HSC
N/A
jackattack said:
It may be easy, but imo that just makes it worse. Boring, redundant and unstimulating. How absolutely riveting.
I found the stories of Gladys, Arthur and Daisy to be incredibly dull and dry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)