Does anyone else find year 11 hard? (1 Viewer)

*dibbzy*

Hey guys I go to a senior college and I don't know whether it happens in all schools but they have REALLY piled the work up to pick out the 'slackers' which should not be in year 11.....it sucks like hell!
This has been my schedual for the past 3 weeks
Get home 3.30. Arvo tea then Homework until dinner (7.30-8ish) have dinner then do homework until about 10.30 then work on assessments (which i have one for EVERY subject geo I have 2) until about 12.30 - 1 ish....

I feel I am going to burn out VERY SOON!

These are my subjects:
Standard English (compulsory)
1 unit Studies of Religion (compulsory - school rules)
Ancient History
Modern History
Geography
Visual Arts
Drama

Also studying advanced english course (tafe), and planning to do extension eng or History if all goes well.

HELP ME!
*dibbzy*
P.S: Right now I'd love nothing more than to go out and get drunk with friends.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
wow ur schedule is jampacked...this is mine (prob why im failing some subjects);

come home at 3.30
3.30-10: staring blankly at wall, trying to think some sense

and 10-10.30: listen to AM radio, fall asleep...

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i find that we dont actually have more work its just me with more expectations ( ie exxtra study) and ppl around me doing more. I have went from like the top person in my classes to like the middle@

= Jennifer =

HSC
take in from a past yr 11 student: year 11 is only harder because of the transition from yr 10 to yr 11 and the workload is much greater than junior school, once you get the flow of doing your work and using your study periods effectively you will find yr 11 to be one of the best school years of your life. Maybe you should leave assignments for the weekend and just focus on school work during the week, i think because your schedule is so full i would not pick up anymore because you are already having problems with what you have. Also, try creating a study timetable and you can see where your time goes

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I don't do much homework.

I really slack off and don't do much when l get home except for the h/w due. Just stick at it and don't give in to the pressure. Use up lunchtimes etc.

HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
wow ur schedule is jampacked...this is mine (prob why im failing some subjects);

come home at 3.30
3.30-10: staring blankly at wall, trying to think some sense

and 10-10.30: listen to AM radio, fall asleep...
your schedule is cool in a funny sort of way. i tried many schedules and many of them failed but i still managed to get things done by 10:30-11pm :D

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by *dibbzy*

These are my subjects:
Standard English (compulsory)
1 unit Studies of Religion (compulsory - school rules)
Ancient History
Modern History
Geography
Visual Arts
Drama

Also studying advanced english course (tafe), and planning to do extension eng or History if all goes well.

wtf!!

no wonder u feel like dying!!!!!!!!!!!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
*not* following my example is a good idea. Even if I came 3rd in a few of my subjects.
Get home: 3:30
Start work :9/10
Go to bed: 1/2
Doing HSC now, trying to get out of this habit.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
It is basically the transition but after six weeks, I'm still not used it..there is definently a lot more work and math went from easy to 'I don't understand'..lol

Get home, eat: til 4
then homework til dinner then homework or extra study

Sugar

HSC
It's okay, I was surprised at the workload at first, but I am coping.

You just need to figure out your time management. I'm trying to set myself a plan, but it's not really working. :rolleyes:

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
hmm
im finding its more quality than quantity, which isn't what i was expecting. i get home and bludge around the house for a bit, then do homework (only usually have hw for 3/4 subjects) then eat dinner and do nothing..
i havent started any assessments yet (though i have 3 due soon)
the work i do do however is harder than work from yr 10 or earlier and it requires a LOT more thinking.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
hmm a gud idea wud b 2 do everythin/like hw on the day u get them...my frend does this till 12 every night and wakes up at 5am to do hw !

Sugar

HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
hmm a gud idea wud b 2 do everythin/like hw on the day u get them...my frend does this till 12 every night and wakes up at 5am to do hw !
5 hours of sleep? :eek:

My maths tutor said that 7-8 hours sleep for year 11 students is sufficient, and I thought that was crazy. :p

KarmaKitten

HSC
heh year 11. i took it so not seriously and now year 12 is strange. i think its all about attitude, dont worry, relax, be calm and then attempt things one at a time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)