• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does anyone ever feel disadvantage? (1 Viewer)

someone123

HSC
I personally do. I find it so hard seeing everyone around me having so much more than me. Going through HSC with disadvantages sucks, especially when you got no one to talk bout it too.... I know there are people out there like me, maybe dont have the same problems as me but there are people who are disadvantage and feel like shit seeing others with so much.

someone123

HSC
I wanna other people's disadvantages, so i don't feel like im alone. I know theres alot of em out there that keep it in because i once did.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
someone123 said:
I personally do. I find it so hard seeing everyone around me having so much more than me. Going through HSC with disadvantages sucks, especially when you got no one to talk bout it too.... I know there are people out there like me, maybe dont have the same problems as me but there are people who are disadvantage and feel like shit seeing others with so much.
You can share it with us if you like , thats what we`re all here for =)

someone123

HSC
magpam said:
what is your disadvantage?
1. I am poor, I cant afford to buy things i need..... some times i struggle to even buy fuckin paper and exercise books...nor do i even have money to buy gay train tickets
2. I have a crappy household
3. My mother has schizophrenia... and for people who don't know it affects the whole family... i hate being at home... i hate seeing some1 suffer like that...
I go to the library nearly everyday to stay away from my house... and sometimes i don't even have money to get home

someone123

HSC
magpam said:
well if it helps i think you can apply to get extra UAI points for that
I know but the amount of crap i get... UAI points is nothing... sadly hahaha!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
magpam said:
:wave: hey Hung!!

i guess i could be called disadvantage for having a learning disability but i don't mind it that much
Hey Melanie! =] :wave:

oh gosh someone123 , that doesnt sound too good.
maybe try speaking to a teacher about it ?

someone123

HSC
oh gosh someone123 , that doesnt sound too good.
maybe try speaking to a teacher about it ?[/quote]

I have before, but i dont like counselling! btw has anyone every laughed and smiled while they are feeling like crap?

N

noir.

magpam said:
well if it helps i think you can apply to get extra UAI points for that
Thats not going to solve much.

OP: alot of people have disadvantages. You really are couragous for listing your problems. I could never do the same

Oh and in regards to yer train tickets... slide through the gates. i do it all the time

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
noir. said:
Oh and in regards to yer train tickets... slide through the gates. i do it all the time
Hi noir =)
they`ve locked up the gates @ liverpool ><"
i have to buy tickets now :mad1:

someone123

HSC
noir. said:
Thats not going to solve much.

OP: alot of people have disadvantages. You really are couragous for listing your problems. I could never do the same

come on noir, whole point of this was to find others like me.... I know what you mean by courageous... it was because i was gonna give up and run away.. until i told someone... but trust me letting it all out to anyone.. will make it all better. i know maybe that person wont understand how u feel but itll still make it better. Maybe i will

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
noir. said:
I'm not the type of person to tell others what im feeling and what my worries are. Sometimes i would like to tell others but that feeling of embaressment just rushes over. Stating your personal issues on a massive forum where so many people have access to is really awkward. I just dont have the courage you do
mm thats true.
i don`t have the courage to open a thread and just blurt out my feelings.

Season

HSC
someone123 said:
I have before, but i dont like counselling! btw has anyone every laughed and smiled while they are feeling like crap?
Yeah, tis a weird feeling.

For me earlier this year- my brothers and I were in a car crash and my brother now has some minor brain damage, and I've got a cool disorder called PTSD, which makes year 12 just that bit funner. As well as dealing with my super smart brother going insane because his short term memory is now pathetic.

Its hard

Go to the couselling, use it as someone to have a random chat every week, it can't hurt, for me at least its provided just a place where if I feel like crap I can just go and sit with no questions asked. I come from a large intrusive family so that's precious to me.

All I can say is that it's going to be over soon, it won't stay like this forever, it'll always be there, but it does get easier.

someone123

HSC
nichhhole said:
I know this is a very asian thing to say, but do it for ur kids.. you wouldn't want them to be put in the same situation because you yourself know how hard it is.

Is there any way that you can seek financial assistance thru centrelink[carers payemnts/??} or scholarships from ur local council/approach businesses and appeal to their philanthopic side?

goodluck my dear :eek:
thanks.... you know... they stuffed up thing about schizophrenia is that it can be hereditary.... and seeing all of it happen to a love one..... hahaha i cant even explain how much pain that causes... yeah.. im scared to see my children have that as well. Its a hard choice i'd have to make one day. Right now i want them, but i don't know maybe not in the future.

And as for centrelink, my family is poor i give my youth allowance to my parents.

And it wont be over soon, my mums condition for some reason has been getting worse and worse every year, it use to be seasonal happens (once in a while). Not anymore..

someone123

HSC
magpam said:
^^ she has got a point there
thanks magpam.. you no the funny thing is that everytime i ever talk bout my issue people will go all silent because they just don't know what to say. You lasted longer =) haha!
And thanks to all of you! I nearly had a breakdown today, first time i stopped myself from having one. thanks again

someone123

HSC
Yeah there are people out there that are worst. Thats why i wanna talk to them! Its hard tho, but if they do let it out itll feel better even to randoms! its better to randoms because they won't know who you are in the end! Hope others let it out, its the only thing i know that makes me feel better. If your reading this, and no matter how small or big of a problem you have it doesnt matter, let it out =)

Raaaaaachel

HSC
someone123 said:
You suck. I hate people that complain about being disadvantaged and want special treatment. Everyone has problems so deal with them. HSC is hard for every1!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Raaaaaachel

HSC
magpam said:
some have it more difficult than others
Yes but i find ppl like to use obvious disadvantages, like that they're poor or have no parents or wateva. But other people that are disadvantaged in less obvious ways get no support. Thats whats so unfair. Thats why I think everyone should be treated equally.

Raaaaaachel

HSC
magpam said:
while i agree that some people get benifits while others don't i still think it is fairer than leaving everyone to fend for themselves
did u ever consider that ppl fending for themselves might be good for them???

Raaaaaachel

HSC
magpam said:
:confused:

explain...

that would cause greater inequality
ummm how does that need to be explained. But Ok.

Difficult or painful experiences may have positive consequences that make us stronger, better people.

There.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)