• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

does anyone not drink (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I don't drink, nor do I understand the whole "if you don't get drunk (every chance you can get), your weak" attitude. There is more to life than destroying your body from the inside out. A large percentage of people who drink excessively from the age of 14-17 will develop a dependancy on Alcohol around the age of 35.

Alcohol is used by many people as a means to escape reality temporarily. Problem is, you forget this self-created alternate reality the morning after. This is where the addiction begins.

People who believe that you have to drink to have fun either have a bad imagination, have a lack of brain cells, or are disallusioned. They need to get out and find something that appeals to them when they are sober.

Oddly, most of the people who I know drank (or still do) excess amounts of alcohol every friday and saturday now work dead-end jobs with no ambitions.

All they want to do finish the days work, bludge around for a while and go out and "GET MAGGET!".

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
AusBluesMan said:
Alcohol is used by many people as a means to escape reality temporarily. Problem is, you forget this self-created alternate reality the morning after. This is where the addiction begins.
lol.

It's not that people think you're weak if you don't drink, it's that weak people (like yourself) often don't drink, so it's an easy way to weed out the losers. Does that make sense?

Don't worry, I know plenty of people who don't drink but are nonetheless respected and cool. So if you ever manage to man up, we'll be waiting.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Oddly, most of the people who I know drank (or still do) excess amounts of alcohol every friday and saturday now work dead-end jobs with no ambitions.

All they want to do finish the days work, bludge around for a while and go out and "GET MAGGET!".
lol correlation does not imply causation man

also nothing wrong with finishing up the week with a bit of drunken fun, it's one maybe two nights out of the week and unless you're a total cockfag you know when you've had enough

and people get the whole "you don't drink = you're a pussy" idea from the way people who choose not to drink look at you with your glass of whatever like they're your pious grandmother or something, as if not drinking somehow gives you the moral high ground. like LOL, GUYS, HAVE FUN WITH YOUR DEMON DRINK WHOOPS I MEAN VODKA, I'LL JUST HAVE PURE VIRGINAL WATER K THANKS

it gets annoying. just saying.

dp624

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
lol correlation does not imply causation man

also nothing wrong with finishing up the week with a bit of drunken fun, it's one maybe two nights out of the week and unless you're a total cockfag you know when you've had enough

and people get the whole "you don't drink = you're a pussy" idea from the way people who choose not to drink look at you with your glass of whatever like they're your pious grandmother or something, as if not drinking somehow gives you the moral high ground. like LOL, GUYS, HAVE FUN WITH YOUR DEMON DRINK WHOOPS I MEAN VODKA, I'LL JUST HAVE PURE VIRGINAL WATER K THANKS

it gets annoying. just saying.
the other point of view gets kinda annoying too

look, at the end of the day, you're the one who's imposing these views on others. they may not want the moral high ground but deep down inside you may think that.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
dp624 said:
the other point of view gets kinda annoying too

look, at the end of the day, you're the one who's imposing these views on others. they may not want the moral high ground but deep down inside you may think that.
They might not want it, the point is they sometimes act like it and it's like, go away, so I'm drinking alcohol, what of it? Especially at bars. I don't really care so much in any other setting, but when you're out somewhere that primarily sells alcohol and you have mr/ms abstinence with you giving you a 'look' when you buy a drink, that sucks.

idk, it's subtle but you feel disapproval from someone and you know they're doing it, it's instinctive. and it's annoying.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
dougieblow said:
after the sydney festival l told some people that l went to a club, and they said were you drunk and l said no. Then they said that wouldn't have been any fun?
see this kind of attitude is not right either, as if not being smashed somehow equals not having fun

it's just a matter of let people get on with their own business I guess, I've never judged someone for not drinking unless I felt that I was being looked down upon myself.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
AusBluesMan said:
You only finished school a few months ago. How quick you are to write people off as hopeless failures.

dp624

HSC
actually, most of my friends don't have jobs
LOL
that, or they tutor

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Trefoil said:
lol.

It's not that people think you're weak if you don't drink, it's that weak people (like yourself) often don't drink, so it's an easy way to weed out the losers. Does that make sense?

Don't worry, I know plenty of people who don't drink but are nonetheless respected and cool. So if you ever manage to man up, we'll be waiting.
Dude. I was expressing my views based in my local area. You don't know me. Only when you know me can you tell me to "man up".

Trefoil said:
It's not that people think you're weak if you don't drink, it's that weak people (like yourself) often don't drink, so it's an easy way to weed out the losers
^^^ You proved my point. Immature perspective.

I have no problem with others drinking. I don't want to, nor can I stop people from drinking themselves silly, I'll support them in what they do, they do what they like.

Truth is, I have lived with an alcoholic mother, and it is not a pretty sight. This is my reason for disliking binge drinking en mass.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Graney said:
You only finished school a few months ago. How quick you are to write people off as hopeless failures.
Lol. Alot have been gone since year 10. Done nothing, and do what I said. And the others from year 12 have shown no sign of change.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Pretty pathetic to judge a mans worth by his vocation, where he lives and what he owns tbh.

There is a strong moral argument in favour of small men living humble, content lives of minimal ambition.

Good on those guys.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Graney said:
Pretty pathetic to judge a mans worth by his vocation, where he lives and what he owns tbh.

There is a strong moral argument in favour of small men living humble, content lives of minimal ambition.

Good on those guys.
Did I say anything about their life being humble? Lol.

Far from it.

Many, many fights ago, I would say I'd agree with you.

swampdog!

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Lol. Alot have been gone since year 10. Done nothing, and do what I said. And the others from year 12 have shown no sign of change.
Funnily enough some people have a different set of priorities to you dipstick. Just because you see occupational prestige as the only way that your life can have worth or meaning doesn't mean it holds true for everyone. It's quite a sad thing that you're so insecure that you judge people that choose a different set of values to you as being inferior...

HSC
swampdog! said:
Funnily enough some people have a different set of priorities to you dipstick. Just because you see occupational prestige as the only way that your life can have worth or meaning doesn't mean it holds true for everyone. It's quite a sad thing that you're so insecure that you judge people that choose a different set of values to you as being inferior...
hes talking about dole-bludgers who smoke pot/breed all day.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
swampdog! said:
Uh. It's not the "occupational prestige" that I see as creating worth or meaning, nor is it the possesions one owns.

It is the fact that these people (minus a couple, of course) just "get magget", fight, create a nuisance, dammage property then work a couple of days and spend all of their money on drinks again.

They are a nuisance and have destroyed the local culture around this town.

Inferiority was mentioned where exactly in my last few posts?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Uh. It's not the "occupational prestige" that I see as creating worth or meaning, nor is it the possesions one owns.

It is the fact that these people (minus a couple, of course) just "get magget", fight, create a nuisance, dammage property then work a couple of days and spend all of their money on drinks again.

They are a nuisance and have destroyed the local culture around this town.

Inferiority was mentioned where exactly in my last few posts?
You get dropkick tards in every place and I daresay alcohol is part of their problem but I doubt it's the root cause. Look at the other common factors they share, i.e. living in murwillumbah (looks like a pretty isolated boring place tbh), family background, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)